XPO | Does conway freight care about their employes

Most of you have not had to work for a lousy company. Have you ever drove a truck with holes in the floor board and had to smell the stink from the last driver that decided to take a leak thru the hole?

Stop with the Obama attitude! All you need to do is come to work do your job and go home. Is that really that difficult?

baffled1-Jobs are like life, they are not hard it's some people in it that make that way. Hope your around awhile you will find out what i mean.

While I agree many things have changed in this company over the years...I have worked at far worse places, even taking into account the changes we have had.

I spent 15 years OTR as a company driver and a L/O before coming to Con-Way 10 years ago and would still take this job over my old one any day of the week. My family life has gone from constantly on the ropes to a championship team. I won't give that up for anything.

Perspective always seems to be clouded by the little things, but I think if most people look at the big picture, and their alternatives to the current situation, they seem to regain some of that perspective. I'm not saying Con-Way is the best job out there, or that there aren't any better jobs out there, but there are definitely a lot worse positions to be in.

I have been lucky that I have been able to stay in the city, and now, since a few L/H drivers have moved on, and a few that hate the thought of working the city that my city bid is secure going forward. I know many of you guys have your L/H bids, and love them, but it's not for me. I don't mind taking a L/H run on the odd night here and there, or for a week if we are shorthanded, but the city is where I enjoy myself.

Does Con-Way care about their employee's? For the most part, I would say yes. However, there has certainly been a significant disconnect since we were three separate entities. That is what happens when the HR pool gets bigger, and has less lifeguards to monitor it.

I have always said since the day I started here, if I find a better job, I will move on...10 years and counting.