ABF | Don't do it

ABF Mike

TB Lurker
Credits
Brothers and sisters, now is the time to stand tall do not vote this contract in. We need to be strong and put our union representatives back to the table. Abf purchased (panther) while still looseing $280 million dollars , big judy gets some much needed pocket change $545,000.00 ( nice raise ) and we get a possible 6.5% pay cut ! Do not be fooled buy ther tears please remember this deal has been over a week and still no word...... Why ? You ask it is not in our best interest . Period........... If it was worth bragin they would be and buy the way yrc & abf merger come on

Brothers and sisters, now is the time to stand tall do not vote this contract in. We need to be strong and put our union representatives back to the table. Abf purchased (panther) while still looseing $280 million dollars , big judy gets some much needed pocket change $545,000.00 ( nice raise ) and we get a possible 6.5% pay cut ! Do not be fooled buy ther tears please remember this deal has been over a week and still no word...... Why ? You ask it is not in our best interest . Period........... If it was worth bragin they would be and buy the way yrc & abf merger come on

Still no word... as you put it, but that hasn't stopped you from telling us to reject a deal we don't have the details on?

Why is it that you can't respect the process our leadership has chosen? You will get your opportunity to vote no but I for one am interested in both reading the proposal and hearing from our leadership!

To that comparison, I shall remind you, we are and will remain to be the best compensated drivers in the industry, while our Executives are the lowest paid among their peers....does that make you proud, or seem fair? Having their proud company gobbled up by a huge corporation that has lost it's soul is not something JUDY or ROY want to happen, but they may be faced with that hard decision. My decision is rather easy compared to what they are facing. It's dog eat dog and we ABF Teamsters get to decide if we want to keep a dog in the hunt.

I agree with you, its a shame Judy only made $575,000 just in her 2012 salary, and we won't even talk about her stock options, pay incentives, and lets not forget her profit sharing, while I made under $60,000. That just is not fair of me to try to make a decent living and be able to pay my bills. I know it must be sad that She has to sleep in her own bed at night, while Drivers and Dock workers are out running nights in snow, rain, and every kind of bad weather and not be home with their family's.. It just isn't fair that she only makes $575,000. I don't know how she will ever be able to pay her bills with a salary that low!!!!! I Guess we should give her some of our checks so she will be able to not go without anything. I don't mind giving, but I still don't think I should take away from my family just to give it to someone that don't need it.The money I work hard for goes to pay bills, and try to take care of my family's needs.

I agree with you, its a shame Judy only made $575,000 just in her 2012 salary, and we won't even talk about her stock options, pay incentives, and lets not forget her profit sharing, while I made under $60,000. That just is not fair of me to try to make a decent living and be able to pay my bills. I know it must be sad that She has to sleep in her own bed at night, while Drivers and Dock workers are out running nights in snow, rain, and every kind of bad weather and not be home with their family's.. It just isn't fair that she only makes $575,000. I don't know how she will ever be able to pay her bills with a salary that low!!!!! I Guess we should give her some of our checks so she will be able to not go without anything. I don't mind giving, but I still don't think I should take away from my family just to give it to someone that don't need it.The money I work hard for goes to pay bills, and try to take care of my family's needs.

Half a mil a year for her position, that might be right for that type of job. Doesn't mean she is worth it though. What is NOT right is taking a raise of 50 grand this year while leading us to a 7.7 mil loss, & asking Labor to accept deep cuts in their compensation, to save her ass. I will vote know on ANY give back, money or benefits. I am just like Muler, I will not bend over. I will stand tall & refuse to give them a dam thing. Pay the rate or lock the gate. I have 12-55 gallon drums full of wood ready for transport to the nearest picket line. Just tell when & where & I will deliver.

Half a mil a year for her position, that might be right for that type of job. Doesn't mean she is worth it though. What is NOT right is taking a raise of 50 grand this year while leading us to a 7.7 mil loss, & asking Labor to accept deep cuts in their compensation, to save her ass. I will vote know on ANY give back, money or benefits. I am just like Muler, I will not bend over. I will stand tall & refuse to give them a dam thing. Pay the rate or lock the gate. I have 12-55 gallon drums full of wood ready for transport to the nearest picket line. Just tell when & where & I will deliver.

Let me know I will bring the Hot dogs, Sorry I was being a sarcastic. I don't care how much money she (they) makes as long as they don't take away from me and my family. I am with you I will wait and see what is offered, but if it there is concessions, then I will be voting no and see you there.

To that comparison, I shall remind you, we are and will remain to be the best compensated drivers in the industry, while our Executives are the lowest paid among their peers....does that make you proud, or seem fair? Having their proud company gobbled up by a huge corporation that has lost it's soul is not something JUDY or ROY want to happen, but they may be faced with that hard decision. My decision is rather easy compared to what they are facing. It's dog eat dog and we ABF Teamsters get to decide if we want to keep a dog in the hunt.
I am sorry to say I think you're wasting your breath TurnCoat. ABF has the HIGHEST labor costs in the industry. To those who feel that they are under paid and Judy is over paid, get over it. Those wanting to make $500,000 a year should have gone to college. All the chest pounders need to take a deep breath and let sentence 2 (above) sink in. The people in Fort Smith aren't stupid. The dialog here is a repeat of the YRCW MOU. And for all the bravado, it passed rather easily.
Even FedEx is trimming jobs in an effort to reduce labor cost.

concessions,concessions,concessions, will the door be open for more. Where will it ever stop. This will just come be another job with low pride or respect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two man meetings start may 20th,and they will report back to your local then you will get your chance on a yes or no ,we will all no what the tenitive is then .

You can go back to your desk now. Nothing is is going to get gobbled up as long as Robert Young ows 51% of the stock. If your one of us (doubtful) you can quit peeing your pants.If your mgmt you can tell your boss nice try Ill keep on it.:hide:
Lurk on

Sorry guys, I guess I'm just stupid....but we are already on an extension, by default, without a contract, if the offer is voted down, if, it even reaches a vote, and another firm can acquire you, and that firm seems to have no problem finding capital when they need a little, and said "firm" has a really $h*tty contract, then by default, guess what? You SHALL work under that agreement...and by the way, you WILL in about 90 days, get a sad letter, that your pension has been cut, because your Employer no longer makes full contributions, if you have seniority to hold a spot for them to make the 25% on you...I don't care who your freakin handle is, or how long you've been a big balled Teamster, it won't be pretty. Now ABF is going to offer us what they and the IBT think it will take to keep this from happening, and we need to do all we can as employees to help drive this stock up so it becomes unattainable or makes any sense for the SEC to allow such transaction to proceed. If you follks honestly believe your votes get counted, and I do, get your freakin facts straight, and by all means vote. There are a lot of people that have way more than I do....I envy no one....I have enough problems of my own

Nothumble, I think we all agree with that sentiment. Those of us that have been around for awhile become cynical and jaded. We anticipate the worst. LOL. So far that strategy has not failed me. I will heed that advice though. No sense working myself up till its time to work myself up.

You can go back to your desk now. Nothing is is going to get gobbled up as long as Robert Young ows 51% of the stock. If your one of us (doubtful) you can quit peeing your pants.If your mgmt you can tell your boss nice try Ill keep on it.:hide:
Lurk on
If Mr. Young still owns 51% you are right, if not then what? If you can point me towards where it is still the case I would appreciate it.

Oh cry me a river.