ABF | Don't do it

Thank you, I will put my money on this horse when and if I get a chance, If enough want to keep gambling, we may get a little more, not worth the risk in my opinion, but, hey. I'm just along for the ride.

It isn't about getting a little more here, it's at this time keeping what you have already earned. They prey on fear. This isn't a gamble, it's about doing the right thing & standing up for yourself & others that we just won't be bullied and we aren't sheep. This isn't about being tough or anti compan,y it's about the facts do not add up to what they claim & I will not just hand over my hard earned rights & wage just because they claim they need them. Do your home work & research read through the SEC paper work talk to business advisors it didn't add up in 2010 & it doesn't now, it's simply " covert they neighbors goods" and YRC just proved that with their latest move on the backs of the rank & file concessions along with 95% discounts on freight. " not worth the risk but hey I'm along for the ride " is exactly what they're hoping for

Thanks Stoney. Not scared....or stupid either....may find myself laid-off in the end, but that's ok, I took the risk, but I took my 4 weeks vacation, and walked. We gave up a lot to help that outfit survive, and we were disrespected for it. I have not been treated that way over here. Better managed, better equipment, better safety program, better technology, more innovation. Before I say HELL NO! I won't bend, remember money isn't everything a company compensates you with. Trust me, the bottom here beats the top there, so compare what they have and what ABF has agreed to...consider it carefully.....and decide which you want, because soon you shall have one or the other if you can hold a spot...until their next COO and no telling where you will go...I shall have ABF or nothing...I'll be out of the game if this crap goes down and I'll be moving on
THANK GOD!!!!!!!:clapping:

Turncoat, you are correct in what you say. ABFS is over 80% owned by mutual funds and they want to make a profit. And ABFS revenue is growing. Management says the bottom line (profits) is not; but that could simply be an accounting error. Revenue grew by over 18% the first quarter of this year. That is very good growth considering last year ABFS revenue was at an all time high. Conway and OD did not grow at that rate. I still say vote no and send them back to the bargaining table!
Interesting, revenue is good, last year at an all time high.Yet the poverty stricken ABF cant make a profit. DID LABOR COSTS RISE DRAMATACLY SINCE MARCH 30 2012? Or did ABF start spending money fast? Look around we here from the so called experts how a good reason for YRC to buy ABF is all the new equipment.Gee do you think those power units and wagons were loaners? Been to DAYTON lately? How about the giamongus generator in front of dispatch? How about paving a parking lot that did not have one single hole in it?(Instead of seal coating it at probably less than a third the cost)How about a brand new fuel pump in the fuel bay?Funny that things been broke for at least 15 years but the poverty stricken ABF suddenly has to fix it. These are just minor things that I can see how much do you think they have spent on things system wide,many of which we will know nothing about? Of course these are all capital expenditures and perfectly acceptable.All this from the company who normally pinches a penny till lincoln screams.And now the picture is painted lets throw in some fear. (YRC) My enemys enemy is my friend. And yes you are the companys enemy if you threaten their attempts to maximize profitability on labors backs.Hey its easier than hauling freight. If it walks like a pig and smells like a pig it probably aint a duck. By the way when you go to buy a car and the sales man says 30 grand do you just go ill write you a check? NOW...Panther by the numbers 80% 80 mil came from where?Judy gets a 455 grand a year raise while far and away largest money making division is in a nose dive? IF YOU DONT STAND FOR SOMETHING YOULL FALLFOR ANY THING and sadly some already have.

The increased revenues came from their newly aquired non-union subsidarary, whom they shall retain in the ABC Corp. if they sell ABF peicemeal to YRC...but, I'm just a moron

The increased revenues came from their newly aquired non-union subsidarary, whom they shall retain in the ABC Corp. if they sell ABF peicemeal to YRC...but, I'm just a moron

Not a moron ( your words) just a bad speller !! ABF's increased Revenue has nothing at all to do with their non union companies. ABF's Revenue is their's alone just follow their fillings with the SEC. Do you feel a company losing money purchase other companies, continue to buy new equipment, increase it's officers compensation through salary & stock options & continue to pay for health care for life of it's retired officers & spouses, but feel the they can't continue on this path unless the touch labor concede on their wage & health benefits ???? OH THAT'S RIGHT BECAUSE THEY CAN !!! As I was told growing up if everyone was jumping off the roof does that make it right so you should?? NO it doesn't, because I learned critical thinking & to question & never accept as a answer " because I said so" and that is all ABF is offering now because I said so

Not a moron ( your words) just a bad speller !! ABF's increased Revenue has nothing at all to do with their non union companies. ABF's Revenue is their's alone just follow their fillings with the SEC. Do you feel a company losing money purchase other companies, continue to buy new equipment, increase it's officers compensation through salary & stock options & continue to pay for health care for life of it's retired officers & spouses, but feel the they can't continue on this path unless the touch labor concede on their wage & health benefits ???? OH THAT'S RIGHT BECAUSE THEY CAN !!! As I was told growing up if everyone was jumping off the roof does that make it right so you should?? NO it doesn't, because I learned critical thinking & to question & never accept as a answer " because I said so" and that is all ABF is offering now because I said so

Wrong. ABF's revenue in 2011 was 1.730 billion. In 2012, ABF's revenue DECREASED to 1.725 billion. I can't figure how to copy and paste from my iPhone but the 2012 income statement breaks down each ABC subsidiary and it shows clearly two items.
Non-union revenue growing substantially
and Union revenue (ABF) contracting.

Marketwatch.com at the abfs stock symbol will provide said statement in the footnotes dating back to late January/early Febuary of this year.

Thanks, nothumbleenough, that's all I can go by, is what they reported, and that is what the investment firms go by, and if they are found to be cooking the books.....someone may go to jail....so I just take it at face value. This TA has concessions, that is already known, how much relief they want is yet to be seen very soon. The investment community has responded favorably to ABFS on the news of a TA and to YRCW on it's interest in a merger. If we try to send ABF back to the table, ABFS stock could tank and YRCW's would rally, that would then make YRCW's ridiculous offer not seem so unattainable. If that were to happen, in short order, half or maybe more of ABF's union employees with less than 15 yrs would be history, and virtually all their management and those that remained would be working under a more concessionary agreement. I am viewed as stupid, uninformed, a moocher, and a company fearmonger, but, I don't want to give up anything either. We may have to give a little ground to save the farm, but....Then, in 2015 if YRC as much as blinks an eye when full pension contribution time rolls around....HOFFA better have WELCHES head on a charger, and reveal who the mysterious "MR.DEEP POCKETS" is that was going to bankroll this transaction in April 2013 when both companies stocks were trading low. Then, arrogantly revealed all of this at this critical time in ABF's contract negotiations,....If "MR DEEP POCKETS doesn't exist....well, Mr. Hoffa and Mr. Welch may need to be investigated.....