XPO | Don't sell your conway stock

slimestones

TB Lurker
Credits
after years of giving conway stock as our 401k,SUDDENLY AND WITHOUT WARNING,no more cnwy stock,WHY????????????? COULD IT BE THAT FORMER AND CURRENT CNWY EMPLOYEES OWN ENOUGH STOCK TO TAKE OVER THE COMPANY??????????????THINK ABOUT IT AND DON'T SELL YOUR CNWY STOCK, with all the U talk going on,all the lies ,AND ALL OF A SUDDEBN IT'S BAD TO HAVE CNWY STOCK,Y,Y,Y,THINK ABOUT IT,Y

There is no way employees could take over this company, ever. Institutional investors own an overwhelming majority of our stock. If my memory serves, they own somewhere around 80% of the company.

after years of giving conway stock as our 401k,SUDDENLY AND WITHOUT WARNING,no more cnwy stock,WHY????????????? COULD IT BE THAT FORMER AND CURRENT CNWY EMPLOYEES OWN ENOUGH STOCK TO TAKE OVER THE COMPANY??????????????THINK ABOUT IT AND DON'T SELL YOUR CNWY STOCK, with all the U talk going on,all the lies ,AND ALL OF A SUDDEBN IT'S BAD TO HAVE CNWY STOCK,Y,Y,Y,THINK ABOUT IT,Y

Can you back this up at all??? Last match to the 401k was in conway stock.

Can you back this up at all??? Last match to the 401k was in conway stock.

Did you not get the letter saying it was going to be cash? If you own conway stock in your 401k of course whatever designated amount you have, the cash will go into the stock.

Preferred shares are what count. They tried to sucker you and me into selling them about 2007 or early 08. They no longer gave out the preferred shares after that.

Historically.....now is the time to buy cnw......even with the day delay so they can detirmine the "average price".....employees get to trade free. Check it out yourself. I made quite a bit watching the history of the ups and downs. The only kicker could be the announcment of this union talk........which wuld drop it a bit. It will still bounce back even if it drops. Lots of money to be made....and I was not afraid to risk 50,000 bucks at a time. Buy low sell high. Big money. You make a couple bucks per share and sell it all. You always buy cnw week to week no matter what the price is, but you sell 100% at a time and put it in a safe place like us treasury and wait on the next dip. Study the charts!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

No matter how they pay money into your 401K, you can easily move it into what ever fund you want. They're just using the word "cash" to make the benefit look desireable. It's no big deal.
You could move your entire 401K into conway stock right now if you wanted. (the transaction would take about 5 days though)

Any money the company puts into your 401 is instantly vested. It's yours no matter what. It's been that way since they froze the pension 5 or 6 years ago.

I should sell franchises in treating Chicken Little Syndrome.

Just look the frig up, right now... OH MY GOSH...
THE SKY IS FALLING... THE SKY IS FALLING

another mind wasted, isn't that what that old billboard wanted us to contribute to... wasted minds?

"...after years", "...suddenly and without warning", "...cause of the u word"

come on... spend some time and find out just where the largest amount of shares reside. And, to return the additional contribution matches of the company, converting the match to a cash value among all your funds is the next step.

just returned from the Michigan Truck Driver Championships... amazing how no one in attendance had heard "The U Word" lately. I guess the silent majority has better things to do this weekend than circle the soap boxes. Ya know, just like a few years ago, when the sky doesn't fall on your cue, people stop paying attention

just returned from the Michigan Truck Driver Championships... amazing how no one in attendance had heard "The U Word" lately. I guess the silent majority has better things to do this weekend than circle the soap boxes. Ya know, just like a few years ago, when the sky doesn't fall on your cue, people stop paying attention

While you were in Michigan did you meet any VIPs??? Who did you talk to that matters that had not heard "UNION" lately? Was Mr. Stotlar there or anyone that rubs elbows with him???? Are you saying that all of this union talk is BS and is not really happening????

While you were in Michigan did you meet any VIPs??? Who did you talk to that matters that had not heard "UNION" lately? Was Mr. Stotlar there or anyone that rubs elbows with him???? Are you saying that all of this union talk is BS and is not really happening????

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that what Mr. Merdock means is that there isn't as much support for the union outside these boards as some of you may think. To put it another way, the vote to certify the Teamsters to bargain for Con-way drivers would fail if it were taken within a short period of time from right now.

These truck driver championships are put on by the American Trucking Association (ATA)
If one was to look into who the ATA is and what they do you will find that it is a organization that represents trucking interests. Company's PAY money to join, kind of like a union for the trucking company's. They lobby for the company's interest not the workers. ( That's You )
Every year they put on these Dog and Pony show's and a final big big show to tell the world about how good the drivers are. The company's hand out shirts, hats, gloves, golf balls and other trinkets that usually go to sales force to hand out. Yes they cook you a burger or if the terminal manager see's fit a steak !! All this for the Prostitution of your skills.
Good Luck to all !!

I guess there is nothing to worry about then buisness as usual

I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess that what Mr. Merdock means is that there isn't as much support for the union outside these boards as some of you may think. To put it another way, the vote to certify the Teamsters to bargain for Con-way drivers would fail if it were taken within a short period of time from right now.

You may be right but it is worth asking.Michigan is where the mothership resides, lots of important folks out there, lots and lots VIPs reside there.Maybe Merdock talked to some shot callers.He seems to be in the know and well connected.Maybe he did talk to Mr. Stotlar and Mr. Stotlar told him that all of this union talk is non-sense.Maybe he heard from some important people that its all a myth, like bigfoot, lots of people see it and lots of people talk about it but nobody can get a clear picture of the creature.Thats all I am asking for driver is a "clear picture" from the Michigan TDC.

By the by, I hope we did well in the TDC.

You may be right but it is worth asking.Michigan is where the mothership resides, lots of important folks out there, lots and lots VIPs reside there.Maybe Merdock talked to some shot callers.He seems to be in the know and well connected.Maybe he did talk to Mr. Stotlar and Mr. Stotlar told him that all of this union talk is non-sense.Maybe he heard from some important people that its all a myth, like bigfoot, lots of people see it and lots of people talk about it but nobody can get a clear picture of the creature.Thats all I am asking for driver is a "clear picture" from the Michigan TDC.

By the by, I hope we did well in the TDC.

Bigfoot was last seen in Arkansas

I should sell franchises in treating Chicken Little Syndrome.

Just look the frig up, right now... OH MY GOSH...
THE SKY IS FALLING... THE SKY IS FALLING

another mind wasted, isn't that what that old billboard wanted us to contribute to... wasted minds?

"...after years", "...suddenly and without warning", "...cause of the u word"

come on... spend some time and find out just where the largest amount of shares reside. And, to return the additional contribution matches of the company, converting the match to a cash value among all your funds is the next step.

i hope you're right,I HOPE I'M WRONG,just was wondering y and came up with that,also on another thread somewhere,someone posted that management just changed the FORMULA again for getting the match back,and it's even less realistic

These truck driver championships are put on by the American Trucking Association (ATA)
If one was to look into who the ATA is and what they do you will find that it is a organization that represents trucking interests. Company's PAY money to join, kind of like a union for the trucking company's. They lobby for the company's interest not the workers. ( That's You )
Every year they put on these Dog and Pony show's and a final big big show to tell the world about how good the drivers are. The company's hand out shirts, hats, gloves, golf balls and other trinkets that usually go to sales force to hand out. Yes they cook you a burger or if the terminal manager see's fit a steak !! All this for the Prostitution of your skills.
Good Luck to all !!

They are not put on by the ATA. they are done by individual state trucking association. These people running these competition are volunteers, some from the association and some from the companies competing. At this years competition there was a few thousand dollars raised for our troops overseas.

man, you have more smarts than the soapbox minority gives you credit for. Someone should do the math and find out what it will take to cause the labor fairy to rain down upon all those evil-doers of Ann Arbor. The magic number to move toward an election has been 65%. So 65% of what or who? 65% of the drivers at XCO? 65% of the drivers combined from three or four terminals that sign cards? 65% of the total number of terminals? 65% of the total number of drivers within the company? Knock off the evil-doers one terminal at a time? Or, go for the juggler, organize the whole thing? You want some of the labor fairy's pixie dust (pension and benefits)? How many employees will they need to reach the "minimum entry participation" to make it worth THEIR INVESTMENT? What's the cost of organizing a company the size of ours these days? Pixie dust just isn't as cheap as it used to be. There's way more pixie dust scheduled to be spread than there is being produced. Simple supply and demand, too much demand and no supply.