FedEx Freight | Don't worry about it

Relax

Take a step back and put yourself in the other guys shoes, this is the only fair way to do it. I could lose up to a hundred spots in Kansas City (63 national and 37 follow the freight transfers) but alot of guys are losing their jobs, so I'm thankful to have mine. So welcome one and all who come here I'm not going to hold it against you guys for the company descision.

If you loose your job, you have your severance pay and unemployment to hold you over until you get a new job. They don't have to give you anything. They could just kick you out and be done. No i am not management. I work hard everyday. Its not all gloom and doom. If you fall they atleast put out a mat for you to fall on. Quit being a baby. Stop your crying and man up.

I don't know if it's the same over at FedEx, but take the severance pay,there is a waiting period before you can draw unemployment...I think it's somewhere around a year or might be 18 months..

you can get unemployment insurance if you are being transfered or layed off. accepting the severance money is not stopping you from getting unemployment. you do not have to move 500 miles the other direction to keep a job unless you want to. only my opinion

I don't know if it's the same over at FedEx, but take the severance pay,there is a waiting period before you can draw unemployment...I think it's somewhere around a year or might be 18 months..
I know some folks that lost their jobs at Ford and drew unemployment and got a big ol fat severence check from day one. I have a couple of good friends in that work for the dept of labor. They knew about this the whole time and waited a few years then nailed them. They have to pay back every penny and then some. ...Just giving a heads up to all who may lose their jobs at Fedex

Hey there wolf! How ya been? Its me, yeah, the goofball! I posted my opinion, and you proceeded to sling names. Very obvious my post hit a little close to home with you, management troll. My "stirring crap" got you that wound up? Really?? Too funny!!! Well hang around here long enough to see...........this was round 1. Until then, go back to your wolfs den in Harrison.

Anybody wanna take bets that if you take the buy out they will try and make life miserable to get you to quit before January 30.

Also you don't have to wait to get unemployment. After you walk out the doors of fedex you can walk into the unemployment office and file.

If you loose your job, you have your severance pay and unemployment to hold you over until you get a new job. They don't have to give you anything. They could just kick you out and be done. No i am not management. I work hard everyday. Its not all gloom and doom. If you fall they atleast put out a mat for you to fall on. Quit being a baby. Stop your crying and man up.

Wow cityboy does your nose hurt when your manager twist around?

Thats not true. At our place it was explained to me you can collect right away.

Wow cityboy does your nose hurt when your manager twist around?

Have a positive out look and I get this. Go cry yourself to sleep. They can't hold down a good man. I take this as a challenge in life. I am way better and stronger than them. I will win, no matter what. How bout you? Maybe you should put on a skirt and work the pickle parks.

Thats not true. At our place it was explained to me you can collect right away.

The waiting period is usually two weeks...the year or year and a half referred to is most likely the time one is allowed to draw before the benefit runs out.

Rat

Attention all! Be very careful in your decision to carry on with purple. Freight must show a profit quickly. The merger wasn't done for the sake of just doing something to please the powers that be. Again, these changes must bring about results (A PROFIT!) and it must come quickly.

My prediction 9/19/10 we have until june 2011 to turn a profit.We have 2 quarters after this thing takes place in january.It can be done,closeing 100 terminals will save fedex about $50 million in the first year that includes 1,700 let go.Stop washing trucks,stop goofing off and lets make some money, oh yeah ill be starting a t-shirt co in january,let me know if you want a shirt with just rude and horrific sayings.

My prediction 9/19/10 we have until june 2011 to turn a profit.We have 2 quarters after this thing takes place in january.It can be done,closeing 100 terminals will save fedex about $50 million in the first year that includes 1,700 let go.Stop washing trucks,stop goofing off and lets make some money, oh yeah ill be starting a t-shirt co in january,let me know if you want a shirt with just rude and horrific sayings.
Are they gonna be American made T-shirts?

Isn't that the way it's done nowadays,anyhow..

In Colorado you must first exhaust your severance before you can be paid unemployment insurance. ie; if you are paid $12K severance, and that equals 12 weeks pay, then you must wait 12 weeks for unemployment insurance to start. The rules do vary by state so check with your states unemployment office.

Take a step back and put yourself in the other guys shoes, this is the only fair way to do it. I could lose up to a hundred spots in Kansas City (63 national and 37 follow the freight transfers) but alot of guys are losing their jobs, so I'm thankful to have mine. So welcome one and all who come here I'm not going to hold it against you guys for the company descision.

This is true CLASS...need more like you.

With regard to severance payments in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania as it relates to unemployment compensation:

12. How does severance, separation or salary continuation pay affect my UC benefits?

You must report all payments received when filing for UC benefits and the UC Service Center will determine the affect that the payments will have on your UC benefits.

When a claimant receives or will receive a payment for any period after his last day of work, the UC Service Center must determine the nature of the payment. A payment that is considered to be severance, separation or salary continuation is not deductible from UC benefits, because these payments are not remuneration for services performed while UC benefits are being claimed.