XPO | DOT Inspection Violations

Just another reason the job is getti.g to the point of not worth the trouble when you are put in a situation like this that is basically a no win situation.after the tickets are written thats when you peel the cops a$$ tell him just what ypu think of the whole situatiin and if he doesnt like it tell him mayb e you shouldnt work for the public and expect an ass kissin when you basically just screwed the person over who contributes to your big job.I dont care anymore can anyone tell.

Just another reason the job is getti.g to the point of not worth the trouble when you are put in a situation like this that is basically a no win situation.after the tickets are written thats when you peel the cops a$$ tell him just what ypu think of the whole situatiin and if he doesnt like it tell him mayb e you shouldnt work for the public and expect an ass kissin when you basically just screwed the person over who contributes to your big job.I dont care anymore can anyone tell.
You should try beerfd's water boarding technique ... it's very relaxing !

sounds to me like you better polish up on your pretrip, take responsibility trucker

I say cut him some slack. At least he is doing one. Mine is decent but they can always find something. Most drivers, just hop in and roll. Even the new guys say once they check the dvi and if they dont see any defects noted, they're rolling. Pretrip wha..

I say cut him some slack. At least he is doing one. Mine is decent but they can always find something. Most drivers, just hop in and roll. Even the new guys say once they check the dvi and if they dont see any defects noted, they're rolling. Pretrip wha..

well speak for yourself then man; when someone kills somebody or get in a wreck because of another bad pretrip who will be at fault. Big problems stem from little ones period! Truck safe and do the pretrips

My opinion on this is the states are broke. Too many people who are able to work that won't etc. These DOT officers are professionals just like us and they WILL find something wrong if they look hard enough. Commercial vehicles are easy money for these states and unfortunately because of that we get caught in the middle. For me personally it's getting to the point where I don't want to do this anymore. Too much BS coming from the government and the company.

My opinion on this is the states are broke. Too many people who are able to work that won't etc. These DOT officers are professionals just like us and they WILL find something wrong if they look hard enough. Commercial vehicles are easy money for these states and unfortunately because of that we get caught in the middle. For me personally it's getting to the point where I don't want to do this anymore. Too much BS coming from the government and the company.

kinda like getting banged from the front and back at the same time.

well speak for yourself then man; when someone kills somebody or get in a wreck because of another bad pretrip who will be at fault. Big problems stem from little ones period! Truck safe and do the pretrips

I had heard from someone, somewhere, some time in the not so distant past "I am not trying to be vague, I just cannot remember who,where,and when" that the company was going to roll out a standardized pre-trip that all drivers were going to have to learn and perform daily before they hit the gate.

Supposedly they had a plan in place similar ( identical ) to the ritual UPS uses. Just like the smith training. It cuts down on accidents. Prevents lost time in transit to break downs.

I had heard from someone, somewhere, some time in the not so distant past "I am not trying to be vague, I just cannot remember who,where,and when" that the company was going to roll out a standardized pre-trip that all drivers were going to have to learn and perform daily before they hit the gate.

the Federal Government is the one who standardized the pre-trip, the company has aligned it with our equipment. The need of it comes from CSA and other changes within our industry.

"all drivers" should already know how to do a proper pre-trip and should be doing it daily.

city van and tractor, hook and pre-trip 17 minutes
2 pups and a tractor, on average hook and pre-trip, 22 minutes

common sense boys, it's slowly returning

i blew a steer tire with a set of triples goin down a mountain into the virgin river gorge on i 15 in arizona i got it off the highway with no damage (thank god) an az high way patrol came by and gave me an atta boy and a bottle of water about an hour later here comes an az dot cop he is doing a level 1 inspection on me and the equipment he spent an hour an a half on this inspection then he puts me out of service i ask him to explain it to me like i was an 8 year old he said you cant go any where til you get a tire on this truck well duh all i could do was laugh must of been a slow day in az

i blew a steer tire with a set of triples goin down a mountain into the virgin river gorge on i 15 in arizona i got it off the highway with no damage (thank god) an az high way patrol came by and gave me an atta boy and a bottle of water about an hour later here comes an az dot cop he is doing a level 1 inspection on me and the equipment he spent an hour an a half on this inspection then he puts me out of service i ask him to explain it to me like i was an 8 year old he said you cant go any where til you get a tire on this truck well duh all i could do was laugh must of been a slow day in az

More like a typical day for AZ, that's why I lived there for just 1 year................

the Federal Government is the one who standardized the pre-trip, the company has aligned it with our equipment. The need of it comes from CSA and other changes within our industry.

"all drivers" should already know how to do a proper pre-trip and should be doing it daily.

So are we going to be taught a standardized pre-trip by the company that all drivers will be required to perform before they leave the gate?

Typical management goon response. You are going to tell me that in 17 minutes you can hook and pretrip a unit so that it would pass a DOT inspection where you will not get csa points? Even you aren't that stupid to believe that

So are we going to be taught a standardized pre-trip by the company that all drivers will be required to perform before they leave the gate?

It does exist, so in my opinion, yes. But when... I don't know where it fits into a training calendar.

If you are at a location with the 4-week trainee program you have access to it.

Typical management goon response. You are going to tell me that in 17 minutes you can hook and pretrip a unit so that it would pass a DOT inspection where you will not get csa points? Even you aren't that stupid to believe that

no, as a management goon I'm saying that on average to hook a single trailer and pre-trip took 17 minutes. Now the second part, whether it will or will not pass an inspection is entirely up to you. Reflecting on the usual "it's everyone else's fault but mine and the big bad company made me this way" attitude, for all I know you spend more time picking your nose than inspecting your truck. So I don't have a clue as to what you are trying to pass as you leave the gate Sparky.

And you still get the out of service points on your CSA as your bonus.

We are not supposed to do our pre trip on hook time,,,, only after we hook up and punch of the clock and dispatch

Lol .. Thats the best one yet ' typical management goon' hahaha ... And yes they think we can properly do a full pre trip in that short amount of time . As a matter of fact these 'goons ' will try to write u up for takeing the full amount of allotted time to pretrip . They will accuse the driver of stealing company time because he took to long to get out of the gate !

We are not supposed to do our pre trip on hook time,,,, only after we hook up and punch of the clock and dispatch

That's just another way of screwing the driver out of his pay ... This company want us do all this extra work for free!