R&L | Double 48's = Big mistake

thebig$driver

TB Lurker
Credits
Apparently the start of the company pulling double 48's across I-90 in NY and MA is on hold. Now, June 8th is supposed to be the start of the big changes in the northeast. Big mistake for the company and it will most likely fail. During phase one, I think 11 linehaul runs are being cut in scr and during phase two, another 12. That means all freight will be relied on pulling the double 48's on I-90. From what I hear, I-90 is shut down to double 48's a lot during the winter so how will the customers in the northeast get their freight? The answer is they won't and R&L is going to lose lots of business. Also, R&L is really putting their people first with all the job cuts in scr. Thanks guys for screwing us with all of the time and dedication we have put in.:thumbsdown:

Got to cut those linehaul cost. RR needs to pay for the tile job in carousel playroom, JR needs to pay for the sharks in his pool and the old man still owes money on the BIG JET
(the lear wasnt fast enough)

Got to cut those linehaul cost. RR needs to pay for the tile job in carousel playroom, JR needs to pay for the sharks in his pool and the old man still owes money on the BIG JET
(the lear wasnt fast enough)
Gee, I wonder how long it is going to take for the regular kiss a**es to get on here and defend the roberts again and tell us if we don't like it to move on. Well, I am going to get one step ahead of them here. Some good workers are going to lose their jobs with this transaction and I will be right behind them. Even though I have enough seniority to make all the cuts, I am still not sticking around to get screwed. I already have another job lined up and I am probably going to take it. I have lost total respect for this company and am almost ashamed to work for them anymore.

I would too.... If there was more opportunities in Wilmington I would too.... As soon as the economy improves I am out of here too.... Most other drivers and most dock workers in Wilmington are disgusted too... I typically don't care for too many managers, but they have been cutting them left and right - no matter how you feel, hate to see someone give 20 years to a place only to see them replaced by a friend of the new President... The dock workers that load my truck, tell me they are threatened daily with "if you don't like it, mcdonalds is hiring" or "you can be replaced with a dhl worker needing a job".... I heard they had a driver's meeting and Roby pointed out a guy and said "you are happy to be working here, you could still be making $6/hr at shell...." They don't care how they come off to their employees.... They only care about $$$.... $$$ is important, but when you have spent some many years preaching "family".... Their new attitude is apparent.... Everyone knows Wilmington is hurting right now with DHL moving out... I was told that once the 60 Minutes show about Wilmington/DHL aired the very next day Roby ordered Jeff C. to hire all of the people that were interviewd.... Wanted to improve their community image.... Let Tenny M. go for no reason, just to make room for a DHL person... Gave 20 years only to get screwed over for no reason.... Tenny was a good guy from the dealings I had with him.... The whole place has gone downhill... Good Luck To You Big$Driver!

Gee, I wonder how long it is going to take for the regular kiss a**es to get on here and defend the roberts again and tell us if we don't like it to move on. Well, I am going to get one step ahead of them here. Some good workers are going to lose their jobs with this transaction and I will be right behind them. Even though I have enough seniority to make all the cuts, I am still not sticking around to get screwed. I already have another job lined up and I am probably going to take it. I have lost total respect for this company and am almost ashamed to work for them anymore.
LOL! They will not respond until tomorrow morning... All salary people comments - Jeff C., Roby R., and Greg B.... Once in awhile you will hear a positve from a mechanic, but those are all inside "puppets" too.... All Evans or related to Evans..... protected ::shit:: "class"

You guys are confusing R&L with the Notheast regional manager. Bob H. will screw and try to close ANY terminal in the region operating better than the beloved NEW. He has been trying to close SCR since Wilm. wanted to enlarge and move SCR. So far he has only gotten a partial wish.
I know the company has changed some since my time there,but alot is still the same or worse.
Driver9 , there is some validity to to SOME of your comments, too much family and friends in positions they do not belong in.
But, you have a real big chip on your shoulder, why not do as I did,,,, take the pay cut and leave... Only you can change your circumstances, no one else is gonna do it for ya.

You guys are confusing R&L with the Notheast regional manager. Bob H. will screw and try to close ANY terminal in the region operating better than the beloved NEW. He has been trying to close SCR since Wilm. wanted to enlarge and move SCR. So far he has only gotten a partial wish.
I know the company has changed some since my time there,but alot is still the same or worse.
Driver9 , there is some validity to to SOME of your comments, too much family and friends in positions they do not belong in.
But, you have a real big chip on your shoulder, why not do as I did,,,, take the pay cut and leave... Only you can change your circumstances, no one else is gonna do it for ya.

Sponge Bob LOL

From what I hear, I-90 is shut down to double 48's a lot during the winter so how will the customers in the northeast get their freight?

Yes I-90 is shut down to big doubles 20-30 nights per year.

But you are not taking the combo drivers into consideration.

The LCV runs require one combo driver per run to shuttle the 2nd trailer to the drop yard. If the turnpike is closed to LCV's, it would seem to indicate that they will not stop at the drop yard..

I have to laugh every time ole smokey (Bob H) is mentioned. His behind was FIRED some years back. Jeff BXXX had a plane ticket to go out and replace him. Then, that VERY day he had a heart attack and they let him off the hook. He got in my face once cussing like an idiot, :ranting2:I told him to back off and shut up or I would slap his face around to the backside of his head.
He backed off and appologized, made a joke out of it... We got along OK after that...:Flame-On:lmao

you are 100% correct testcase - bob h. was to be eliminated, but had the heart attack which saved his job at r&l....

Apparently the start of the company pulling double 48's across I-90 in NY and MA is on hold. Now, June 8th is supposed to be the start of the big changes in the northeast. Big mistake for the company and it will most likely fail. During phase one, I think 11 linehaul runs are being cut in scr and during phase two, another 12. That means all freight will be relied on pulling the double 48's on I-90. From what I hear, I-90 is shut down to double 48's a lot during the winter so how will the customers in the northeast get their freight? The answer is they won't and R&L is going to lose lots of business. Also, R&L is really putting their people first with all the job cuts in scr. Thanks guys for screwing us with all of the time and dedication we have put in.:thumbsdown:

I saw 3 sets of long doubles yesterday on the Ohio Turnpike. Will they be pulling them from Hammond, Indiana? I haven't seen any there yet and was curious.

Just hang in there,not all the changes will work out.[/QUOTE

Isn't that the truth! I would like to know who figured out the new scheduling. My run is being modified starting Monday. My meet driver is going to be given 5 hours to make a 3.5 hour drive. I'll be given 3.5 hours to make a 4 hour drive. his cut will be 2200, and mine will be 2330. I hope he has a really comfy pillow.

Must be one of those new Yellow guys in operations. :biglaugh:

I'm not trying to rain on your parade, but, I've been seeing them out there over a week now on the thruway. All the sets that I've seen were being pulled bu white tractors. As for shutting down to doubles "a lot" in the winter, the Thruway dose not terminate just doubles, if it's open it's open to all traffic. The Mass Pike will shut doubles down, but I wouldn't say a lot. I was also told that they were seen in Ohio or Indiana with doubles already.

Why do you think Bob still has his job. He was married to the "family" and when he had his heart attack he was about to be fired and the " family" stopped it. The sad truth is Bob not going anywhere and he will screw anyone he has to in order to make himself look better. Trust me, I have proven him wrong plenty of times and I did not get the TM job because of it. Thank God I left because im sure I would be one of those booted out with the new managers coming in....Im a firm believer of " Things happen for a reason"
Life is much better over on this side.

LOL! They will not respond until tomorrow morning... All salary people comments - Jeff C., Roby R., and Greg B.... Once in awhile you will hear a positve from a mechanic, but those are all inside "puppets" too.... All Evans or related to Evans..... protected ::shit:: "class"

MAN........Bill G EX VP (driver 9) , give it up, move on.

Everyone knows it's you on here, you need to be careful running your mouth.