Yellow | Driveontogether

newpenn107

TB Regular
Credits
This propaganda site has an "ask a question" section. They say they will update and post questions daily..
I don't see one single question posted and I asked 3 myself..
:couch::TR10driving03:

Tis the season to be......... you figure it out

Got a big letter from YRC today, looks like they sent me my warning letter on a CD. My 15% hard a work here.....Wait the new technology is paying off it says you have 10 minutes to accept this mission or it will blow up. Oh ****, "this is some Mission Impossible" **** we got going on here:eek::eek:

yrc 18 + years at columbia mo bottom man. I am on my second lay off in as many years. Got called back last April 15th laid off Oct. 20th . In that time new salesman was hired that knows nothing about freight business. They also added 1 supervisor position, this means 3 bosses for 10 employees now down to 9. Freight is picked up and left behind almost daily.At one point if trailer was not full on outbound on Friday it would set untill Mon or Tue of following week,now that is great service!! Now Holland freight picked up in St. Louis passed on to us has to go to KC then back to us before delivery.Watching what ever "NUMBERS" as they say is reason for my lay off which came for Dan in IN. Lay Off and then make excusses for not getting freight p/u or delivered becasue of lack of man power!! Now I get almost daily notices in mail of this company's dire sate,how much money is being wasted on that ? So get ready everybody as the union jumps back in bed with YRC and gives in to more consessions. NO Trucking Company will ever get out of 1.4 BILLION in debt regardless of what new form smoke they want to blow up our ass!!

You are right on target ! :notworthy: They want to let the trailer sit until it is cubed out... They wonder why our competitors are running circles around us....They close the doors, move the freight, and run schedules. Their trucks run 65-70 mph and our trucks are turned down to 62-63 mph ...Who is moving freight now ? ....Management is supposed to be the ones with all the brains...They wonder why they have lost so much market shares.....Dispatchers would rather run you with empties then send you with a trailer half loaded.:regretful:

You are right on target ! :notworthy: They want to let the trailer sit until it is cubed out... They wonder why our competitors are running circles around us....They close the doors, move the freight, and run schedules. Their trucks run 65-70 mph and our trucks are turned down to 62-63 mph ...Who is moving freight now ? ....Management is supposed to be the ones with all the brains...They wonder why they have lost so much market shares.....Dispatchers would rather run you with empties then send you with a trailer half loaded.:regretful:
They continue to play the number game. If it is half full the load factor is charged against the terminal, if it is empty it is spread around the district. I say screw the numbers and take care of the customer by delivering their freight.

When I was still working at Newpenn we on many occasions would come in at night and strip our trailers.. One day they gave me a 20000 pickup after I had already had freight on the trailer.. I did the right thing and headed it and the customer was happy that it wouldn't be handled till it got to the customer... I got back that night and of course the supervisor had me swing it onto another trailer so he would get credit to make his numbers... It was the last time I head loaded anything for them ...

better half a truck on time then a whole truck half late. we sell service, not one other thing. we better get it right or we'll be back in the same spot