FedEx Freight | Driver Scorecard

What ever happened to just moving the GD freight, damage free, at a profit.. Cut out some of the useless middle management and stick to the fundamentals. Make safety a priority and share some of the profits with employees since incentives matter. They must have bought their college diplomas..Geez

CC, the longer you're around Fedex, the more you will understand, logic is (NOT) one of there stronger points!!!

Share some of the profits with the employees???:LMAO::LMAO::LMAO: I gotta admit, that was a good one:shift:

CC, the longer you're around Fedex, the more you will understand, logic is (NOT) one of there stronger points!!!

Share some of the profits with the employees???:LMAO::LMAO::LMAO: I gotta admit, that was a good one:shift:

Maybe that would happen if we still had AF and Viking on the doors but since that other name is on the door they don't care about the employee or the customer...

They say they are short on drivers yet they want to fire everyone don't understand their LOGIC.

It's a scam..The companies cry shortage, and the government gets them tax breaks or tax credits for employing a certain class of workers: veterans, long time unemployed. The mega OTR companies have been doing this for a while. While I dont have solid figures, it is probably a money maker for them. CRST, Werner, Swift puts hundreds if not thousands of students through their schools every week.

The labor shortage that they have been crying about goes counter to simple economics. When there is a shortage, prices must rise. Has driver wages risen in the last 20/30 years?
Off my soap box now.

I have the point sheets right here in my hand. Can you please tell me which specific column deals with CSA points. The only difference in point value I see is based on the age of the incident. Could you please post the correct points card on here for us?

For a csa/dot reportable points are 10. Plus an additional 4 if someone is killed or a ambulance is called or a auto has to be towed away.

Non dot roll away or pintle hook release 10. Pulling trailer from the dock with door open 10 points. Rear end 8 pts roll over 8 pts other preventable are 3. Moving violations tickets for speeding, seat belt etc 3. Serious violations such as reckless driving and 15 over are 10 pts

It's time the drivers are heard and all of this crap comes to a stop. All of us that started when the company was Arkansas freightways and have been through the changes can remember when it was a great place to work and we had job security and enjoyed what we did. We live each day wondering what the people in charge that have never driven a truck a day in their life are going to come up with to cost us our job, maybe we should come up with ways to get them out and get this company back on track.

Obviously, or everyone would have started with zero.

They only go back 5 years on your point. So whether you have been with the company for 6 years or 30 years, only the last 5 years count for point.
So in theory this helps the older drivers that may have had problems a long time ago.

:shift:

They want the geezers gone. Us old farts are too expensive to employ.

RC; I think you are on the right track.
But if they want the 4 weeks vacation drivers gone, they should offer another buyout program like they did when TP decided to say ADIOS.

Heck if they offer to carry my healthcare costs for 18 months (Cobra), I would seriously consider the hammock.

https://www.google.com/search?q=hammock&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=T5CYU5PUJo6kyASMxoGoDg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAg&biw=1024&bih=750

:shift:

What ever happened to just moving the GD freight, damage free, at a profit.. Cut out some of the useless middle management and stick to the fundamentals. Make safety a priority and share some of the profits with employees since incentives matter. They must have bought their college diplomas..Geez

That died along with Viking/FXF West.

Not true Sir , we can't seem to find any to hire in my barn.....

Amen dude..Alot of OTR guys hear the myth, do you year over the road and go local..Then they come to places like Con-way and Fedex and think it's a driving job. Lmfaooo.

I was training an OTR guy that came from truckload. I was having him grab straps and plywood while I loaded.About an hr goes by. I went to the other side of the dock and came back he was gone..Looked everywhere for him. He was sitting in the AC taking a break. I'm like dude this isn't your drive for 11 and sleep for 10. Besides your mandated break, you better be moving freight. Needless to say he wasn't very thrilled and look like a beat down dog after that.