Estes | Drivers mistreated

pathfinder73929

TB Lurker
Credits
Just wondering how many Extra board drivers out there are getting stuck at terminals for many hours past there normal 10 hr. breaks. I lost 23 hours so far this week over and above my normal breaks.

Just wondering how many Extra board drivers out there are getting stuck at terminals for many hours past there normal 10 hr. breaks. I lost 23 hours so far this week over and above my normal breaks.

There's alot of folks that lost their bene's and their job and wish they could complain about waiting. Sitting for 23 hours all week is a pinch over 4 hours a day. If you were paid for that you would be laid-off right now. Try running later in the day. Your wait time will be less. If im at a motel i'll give them my number and try and get some much needed sleep. I think if you were mistreated you would be asked to come in and stack pallets or something until your load gets ready.

Well that is only 3.83 hours a day average that you are being "mistreated". As long as they are not giving your freight to one of the local drivers or a contractor then where is the problem? How long have you been driving for us? Everyone is slow and it is a slow time of year. It is an issue if you are sitting around but did you ask for dock work or offer to do anything for them. I know if that happend at our terminal and you asked to do something so you didnt have to sit for free you would be doing something until freight was there

terrible how we are treated. wanting us to be productive to justify paying us WHAT THE HECK I'm calling the labor board

I see what you mean, it is'nt just that its the notes we got changing everything, driver a, b, c, d, e and getting in first to last crap.
Remember the gee we want to get drivers home on the weekend so we run less empties?
Well sittin around for hours all week and then not getting home till Sunday mid morning like I have done a couple of times already. Gee what a weekend.
I got kids and a wife and you can not plan for anything now.

I've been here 6 years and have seen way to many changes and they have most been against the LINEHAUL driver.
We are such a expense to Estes anymore.

I love what else happened a couple of times already, got a load close to the home terminal, and they told me could not run empty to just run empties, but gee when I got up what do you think happened ran empties to a terminal that went right by the house.
You get the feeling that they are doing this for a reason, for you to quit.
Well when the economy gets better they can take my 15 years of driving with no accidents, tickets, basically 1.5 million miles of safe driving and forget about me being around if they dont do something to benefit linehaul instead of making life harder.

I see what you mean, it is'nt just that its the notes we got changing everything, driver a, b, c, d, e and getting in first to last crap.
Remember the gee we want to get drivers home on the weekend so we run less empties?
Well sittin around for hours all week and then not getting home till Sunday mid morning like I have done a couple of times already. Gee what a weekend.
I got kids and a wife and you can not plan for anything now.

I've been here 6 years and have seen way to many changes and they have most been against the LINEHAUL driver.
We are such a expense to Estes anymore.

I love what else happened a couple of times already, got a load close to the home terminal, and they told me could not run empty to just run empties, but gee when I got up what do you think happened ran empties to a terminal that went right by the house.
You get the feeling that they are doing this for a reason, for you to quit.
Well when the economy gets better they can take my 15 years of driving with no accidents, tickets, basically 1.5 million miles of safe driving and forget about me being around if they dont do something to benefit linehaul instead of making life harder.

I hear you , I appreciate being employed right now but the wait times are a pisser. I put it on the economy .Sometimes I get upset when I get to a terminal a couple of hours before another extra driver and he leaves 3 hours before me because central demands that I have to take a load to this terminal or that terminal. I thought we are all running the same now no more thursday or monday or whatever. I guess one bonus is that I dont have to call Mr.T in central anymore as he seems to get pissed at the drop of a hat. :bowdown: we are all now peons . I like my job but will not be abused.

Ya'all keep on and I have my pal Rob put ya out there in the real world and see what a real twuk drivar does for a living.:clap:

I don't meant any disrespect to anyone but you schedule drivers get to be home with your family's most every day. I know there are time when you get left at home because of the lack of freight, but least your at home. Yes I am happy to at least have a job now. There are many driver's that aren't so lucky. I realize this completely, I am not a idiot! I was directing my question to other fellow EXTRA board drivers. The excessive delay time that we are experiencing is a SAFETY issue.

Is that why more of us dont post here?

That's right! A quick phone call, then a quick meeting. Then you'll be waiting in line looking for a lumper in a real nice freightliner with an auto transmission asking for a radio check.

would you like a little cheese with that whine pathfinder 23 hrs in one week is not bad several times i have had 10+ hrs after 10 hr break or go to dallas and take 18 hrs after break it is not uncommon for that to happen heck i am on a 135 to 224(mps, tn to denver,co) run as a team and i have sat for more than that in one week just in denver. if you are not happy the door swings out as well as in i am sure you will be able to find something out there "welcome to mcdonald's may i take your order please?" :loser:

get real or get out:duh:

well mr. stargazer, I dont appreciate your smart*&# comments. You go right ahead and enjoy your team running and at least you got a bunk buddy to keep you warm while you wait.

just so we are straight on facts you are complaining about what..basically less than four hrs of waiting time daily hmmmm not tooo long a wait. i have been xtra b4 and as of a week from today will be again my team partner's wife is in ill health and we are coming off the team run. and ill say it again the door swings in and out don't let it hit you as you leave "please drive through to the 1st window for your total thank you" if you do go more miles for everyone and you want have to wait anymore:loser: