ABF | Drivers Sitting Home

slopway

TB Lurker
Credits
How is everyone running. Many companies posted drivers not working. Forced time off or laid off. Right now when things should be getting busy.

How is everyone running. Many companies posted drivers not working. Forced time off or laid off. Right now when things should be getting busy.
Tax time too. It’s like a vacation...calm before the storm. Don’t worry, city drivers will be working until 9pm soon, like every summer.

Tax time too. It’s like a vacation...calm before the storm. Don’t worry, city drivers will be working until 9pm .resume, like every summer.
Not to many tax refunds checks being issued look at the sale adds there is no tax refund sales the only sale i see are no tax charged on purchase or mail in rebate the reasons why are for a different forum

Many companies posted drivers not working.

In 2009 many drivers were laid off, then in 2010 more were laid off a few months before the vote to take a 15% pay cut was voted down. Now were are receiving notice that the company is installing driver facing cameras at the same time freight is slow..... any coincidence???

Last edited:
None, this was 6 years in the making.. Not a new topic, guiessing those bitching didnt pay attn to what they voted for in our previous contract. Not unusual, but those camera cradles have been in trucks for years, installed after contract passed.

None, this was 6 years in the making.. Not a new topic, guiessing those bitching didnt pay attn to what they voted for in our previous contract. Not unusual, but those camera cradles have been in trucks for years, installed after contract passed.
Them cradles are for the city pda’s. Been using them for years in the city

Guys stressing about the cameras have to remember it's the insurance companies these days dictating what's needed to get the best rates. They have them in my new job and have personally seen the letters from the insurance company to the company. The liability for truck driving is starting to reach astronomical rates depending on what is hauled. It's an economic reality nothing more. Their not interested in drivers nonsense and bs. They are interested in having money. Play the game smart and you'll win.

Ya I’m a road driver. A lot of terminals use road equipment for the city too. ABF was planning on eventually using the PDA’s for road drivers too. Don’t know if that changed or not.
Heard the same thing, the PDA will replace the fixed dash mount ELD's....

Heard the same thing, the PDA will replace the fixed dash mount ELD's....
I think they’re still planning on using them. They just put a threatening letter out a month or two ago about taking the mounts off and throwing them on the floor.

I think they’re still planning on using them. They just put a threatening letter out a month or two ago about taking the mounts off and throwing them on the floor.
Mine is going to do it on it’s own, been writing it up for about a month now that the screws are backing out. So it’s going to take a little longer to punch it for lunch because I have to do it from the passenger door....lol