FedEx Freight | Dropping the bomb 2018

We are collecting 3 years ahead of when it hits? I think it is smoke and mirrors as an excuse. If they are paying $12,548.40 for our family now I would like an explanation of how they estimate it will pass the $27,500 threshold for the 40% tax in 2018? If you have a last ditch meeting prior to the vote this week please try and get an answer out of them to report back here. Voting minds want to know.

We are collecting 3 years ahead of when it hits? I think it is smoke and mirrors as an excuse. If they are paying $12,548.40 for our family now I would like an explanation of how they estimate it will pass the $27,500 threshold for the 40% tax in 2018? If you have a last ditch meeting prior to the vote this week please try and get an answer out of them to report back here. Voting minds want to know.

http://m.startribune.com/lifestyle/health/282423171.html

Better to phase changes in than "drop a bomb" in 2018

What I can't understand is why companies under the threshold seem to be shifting costs.

Do executives have Cadillac plans or employees in other operating companies at FedEx have plans over that threshold?

That's all I can think of. This seems important, not for fedex workers alone, but for a better understanding of what's to come. The magnitude of health insurance is undervalued greatly by many.

I've said this before,,, but with two Big votes coming this week, I'll say it again. I was never a Union supporter,, BUT,, this company brought this on themselves and I can sure see why ! Being scared of losing your job everyday should not be on the top of my mind. I used to go way out of my way to make customers happy.. Used to enjoy going to work.. Nowdays I just try to keep my job. I don't think we are asking anything unreasonable... Yes we could And should have better health care. Now if this company was losing money, I could see not asking for much. You people coming up for a vote just think for a minute how they might/will punish us for trying to fix things if it doesn't go through. I'd bet my bottom dollar they already have a big list of IDIOT rules to come back with,,, not to mention big increases in our health care costs... Enough people at some centers have signed cards and petitioned for a vote to be represented. Now Follow Through ,, PLEASE for all of us....

FedExFreight is no where near that... You are thinking UPSFreight, as of Jan 1st. Geographic inconsistencies at FedEx are extreme. In my area it goes like this, as of 1-5-215: UPSF $27.10, Conway $25.41, Old Dominion $24.95, FedEx Freight $23.68.

And the insurance is very poor, no retiree healthcare at all, minimal pension. Other than that, things are AWESOME, except for some major inconsistencies in the rules dept.
Well I was going of Guardrail post. Not quiet explanation, so u guys really don't make much more than we do. Vote Union In

Thank the Lord that you're OK....and not on the wrong side of the dirt.

I am just asking...why is it my employer's responsibility if I get jacked up hanging Christmas lights....or if I reach to far into the limb chipper...or if I want to try skydiving?

Again, not being a doooosh....I would seriously LOVE to have my own business in the near-future and wonder about these things.

I am somewhat contentent with my pay and bennies....but what could I afford if I was the CEO/CFO of my own gig ?

Your insurance should cover you and your family no matter where you are. It's not for work related injuries only

I agree with CityDog, what you fail to understand is that EVERY large company, public or private, will have to comply with Obamacare. The evolving effects of Obamacare has made it harder for companies to predict the effect on their bottom lines. Not only are medical cost rising but so are the added cost of the ACA. FedEx is self insured but they also pay other companies to administer the coverage, in my case it's Blue Cross Blue Shield. FedEx pays BCBS an administration fee plus each employees claims as they come in. In order to combat the rising cost of healthcare, FedEx, just as most other companies, have done away with the traditional PPO's and they now offer more consumer driven HSA plans which require employees to think more about how to cover their medical needs using their coverage. And let's not forget all of the fees that come along with Obamacare that employers such as FedEx must pay. A couple of examples are the "patient-centered outcomes research institue fee" which pays for research into the effectiveness of medical treatments and the "transitional reinsurance fee" which goes to insurers that cover high cost patients. These fees must be paid by FedEx which means these cost are passed on to their employees....just as with all companies.
On the other side of your post, we also have an employee in Clt that just had quintuple bypass surgery. The total cost of his surgery was in excess of $185K but thanks to our so called crappy insurance, his total out of pocket cost was $4,900!!!!!
You, as well as others, may THINK our insurance is crappy but I suggest you go look on the open market and see what you can get for the measly $200 or so a month that we pay. I think you'll find that although our insurance isn't the best by any means, it's far from being the worst.....which is what some are making it out to be.
Also, my wife works for a union company and we continue to go with my insurance every year.....except for vision, Davis vision SUCKS!!!!! Our insurance is slightly better and when you add the spousal fee that they added this year, ours is definitley cheaper! (The spousal fee is when your spouse is offered insurance through their employer but they decline in order to join the union employer's insurance, they've added a $1000 a month penalty fee) I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong but didnt UPS apply this same fee to their insurance or do they now just deny coverage to those spouses that have insurance available through their own employer?
I hope your driver is doing well in Clt. Under my medical benefits that same surgery would have cost $0. I hope you have good prescription coverage because those heart meds are very expensive, my brother just went through the same thing. Again, I hope your driver has a full and speedy recovery

Your insurance should cover you and your family no matter where you are. It's not for work related injuries only

Yes! It's YOUR health insurance, merely provided by your employer. They should be there when you need it.

Just because they're provided by the employer doesn't mean they only cover you on company property.

I agree. The goal was to get the bill passed in the first place. A first step toward his dream of universal healthcare.

Now, we can only hope for modification.

I honestly believe in the years to come that Obama Care will be picked apart and eventually gone........as it should be! America should have seen this scam from the beginning, America sees it now, so sit back and watch it go away. It will take some time, but it will happen.

I honestly believe in the years to come that Obama Care will be picked apart and eventually gone........as it should be! America should have seen this scam from the beginning, America sees it now, so sit back and watch it go away. It will take some time, but it will happen.
It will be just like medicare. It will change but I serious doubt it will ever completely go away.

That's a 120%-ish increase in the next 3 years. I know the cost of my insurance has gone up 120% since 2011. Looking at the trend, I don't see that as too far fetched unless we do something to get rid of the piece of **** ACA fast!!

IMO, it needed to be gone before it even got started... Open up the state lines and let companies compete, it's simple math folks... And truthfully, from what I've been reading from biased and unbiased people, the poor are no better off now than before.. So the politicians can shove that excuse... This is no more than another taxed ponzi scheme...

Driver do u think for a minute some lawyer guy for fedex is gonna walk into a terminal and tell these guys fedex wI'll negotiate that woday set off a fire stor for everyone else to vote yes now if they wanted that to happen they would not spend all this money fighting it THINK ABOUT IT

The driver said it was delivered to his house as well as all drivers from there!!!

Your the PREFECT examples of WHY I hate your gut less teamsters. Your little snarky remark about my wife's business. She is small mom and pop drapery business. and just so you know she is on my insurance. It's a family business that has been around since 1909. You talk like your a know it all. start your own biz and see what it's like having to comply with all the crap from the county, state, city, and federal Gov. You have know idea. Crawl back in your IBT whole where you came from. It's people like you that keep my hatred up for beloved teamsters. It's your little personal attacks like this one that show your true IBT colors YELLOW. your a scum bag.

Didn't see anywhere That he had mentioned your WIFE!! He was speaking of us all in general!!!

I hope your driver is doing well in Clt. Under my medical benefits that same surgery would have cost $0. I hope you have good prescription coverage because those heart meds are very expensive, my brother just went through the same thing. Again, I hope your driver has a full and speedy recovery

What Union does she work for?? And with my teamsters Coverage that surgery would have cost 0....

That's a 120%-ish increase in the next 3 years. I know the cost of my insurance has gone up 120% since 2011. Looking at the trend, I don't see that as too far fetched unless we do something to get rid of the piece of **** ACA fast!!
I doubt they'll get rid of it.
The corporations of the world dont want to pay..
China and Japan are much more business friendlly. Some how itll be paid for by the people just like there.Eventually.
UNLESS THE PEOPLE COMBINE THEIR POLITICAL ECONOMIC VOICES AND MONIES IN LABOR UNIONS.
VOTE YES!!!

I didn't want to mention workers comp. I didn't want all the haters to talk about more employer costs

I can't help it the smart ass comes out sometimes even though I try to keep him locked away. With that being said.

Wut youuu talking bout doooog u meen the cumpny spose to pey for the workrs cump dannabit I thout we was sposed to do that. Thats wut dey bean telling us. Man u younun fellers get ever thingyouse guys want dont you man o man yalls livin the good life.:clapping::1036316054::biglaugh: