XPO | Drug test

Drivetolive

TB Lurker
Credits
I read in another thread that we don't get paid for drug tests. When I started I had my physical and drug urinalysis at the same time. Obviously, I was not paid. If you are required to have a drug test (post accident) don't they have too pay you? If not, since it's a requirement for the job, wouldn't it be considered working off the clock and be illegal? While I am on this subject, why don't they random drug test? The talk about it during the training but in almost 6 months, I have never witnessed anyone drug tested. I figured that being a driver everyone would have randoms all the time. A friend of mine works for UPS and he said they are "NEVER" randomly tested. Is it not a law that drivers be tested?

I read in another thread that we don't get paid for drug tests. When I started I had my physical and drug urinalysis at the same time. Obviously, I was not paid. If you are required to have a drug test (post accident) don't they have too pay you? If not, since it's a requirement for the job, wouldn't it be considered working off the clock and be illegal? While I am on this subject, why don't they random drug test? The talk about it during the training but in almost 6 months, I have never witnessed anyone drug tested. I figured that being a driver everyone would have randoms all the time. A friend of mine works for UPS and he said they are "NEVER" randomly tested. Is it not a law that drivers be tested?

It IS a law. If they didn't have to do it....con-way would NOT do it. They would not spend the money. Don't you agree?

It IS a law. If they didn't have to do it....con-way would NOT do it. They would not spend the money. Don't you agree?

That's what I thought, how does UPS get away with not having to pee? Is that a union deal or something? My main question was do we get paid if having to do a drug test? How many times a year do you usually have to take one? I know it took me almost 2 hours with waiting and everything to get in during my physical/drug screening. If you have to do this a bunch of time during the year it could add up. I would think conway pays you for doing it, no?

That's what I thought, how does UPS get away with not having to pee? Is that a union deal or something? My main question was do we get paid if having to do a drug test? How many times a year do you usually have to take one? I know it took me almost 2 hours with waiting and everything to get in during my physical/drug screening. If you have to do this a bunch of time during the year it could add up. I would think conway pays you for doing it, no?

I haven't been tested in almost 2 years. You think it is really randon? And your right, we never get paid.

When I worked for Preston, they paid for every test including my prehire. When they closed I went to Roadway, Yellow, and CF and they also all paid for my prehire testing. I put on with Roadway and have seen random testing almost every month or two, since I am there. Same thing during my time at Preston. All testing at both jobs, whether random, biannual, or probable cause were paid for by the company and on the clock. In 8 years with Roadway, I have personally had 5 "random" tests.

While I am on this subject, why don't they random drug test? The talk about it during the training but in almost 6 months, I have never witnessed anyone drug tested.

They random drug test the first two weeks of each month. If administered correctly, It's done in a discrete manner.

As far as the frequency of one being tested. Your SS# is put in a pool and randomly picked. Some get picked often which makes you think it's not so random.

If you've been involved in a DUI or have been busted in the past, completed the EAP program etc... your SS# is put in a smaller pool. (That's the info that was leaked to me)

All drug tests are paid for by the company, as far as paying you for your time to go...NO. But don't forget to log it!:biglaugh:

well i have been with the co for about 9 years and i had 3 random drug test and about 4 years ago i was in the city p n d got hit and had to go for a post accident drug test yes i was still on the clock and got paid for that one

The UPS package car drivers probably don't get tested because they are not required to hold a CDL.I don't know why their tractor trailer drivers wouldn't be tested.Maybe they don,t make up a high enough percentage of the company's total number of employees?