XPO | drunk driving

Re: drunck driving

At one time this company hired the best in the industry. You had to fight to get a job here. The company treats their drivers like crap and they have a bad reputation in the trucking industry. They can only hire what they can get, minimum experience or school graduates. You get what you pay for. Con-Way got lucky that it happened on a Saturday morning and not on Friday. There was no mention anywhere in any news outlet. If it would of happened on a Friday it would of been all over the newspapers and the T.V. Like I said, You get what you pay for and this is the caliber of people they are able to hire. Sad, this WAS a good company at one time.

Re: drunck driving

[quote author=dodge ram link=topic=79629.msg825183#msg825183 date=1272402934]
At one time this company hired the best in the industry. You had to fight to get a job here. The company treats their drivers like crap and they have a bad reputation in the trucking industry. They can only hire what they can get, minimum experience or school graduates. You get what you pay for. Con-Way got lucky that it happened on a Saturday morning and not on Friday. There was no mention anywhere in any news outlet. If it would of happened on a Friday it would of been all over the newspapers and the T.V. Like I said, You get what you pay for and this is the caliber of people they are able to hire. Sad, this WAS a good company at one time.
[/quote]
If all that happened was an illegal u-turn that turned into a DUI, as bad as that is, why would that "make the papers"? Sometimes, it is what it is. I don't see how this reflects on Con-way as a company. It's one guy doing something stupid (allegedly).

That driver is stupid jack-ass for doing that. He needs a good kick in the nuts for being a dumb ass.

this would have never happened if there was not a two hour roll back. he would have had to leave happy hour two hours earlier......

They don't do that any more after the fact. Only if you go in before a incident. The 1 time pass changed when they changed names.

yea, the new policy is one and done unfortunately...we used to help guys out with their problems...now they just get kicked to the curb and we lose some good guys unfortunately...

[quote author=clwnhtr777 link=topic=79629.msg825688#msg825688 date=1272583519]
yea, the new policy is one and done unfortunately...we used to help guys out with their problems...now they just get kicked to the curb and we lose some good guys unfortunately...
[/quote]
"good guys" like this? I think I'm OK with that.

[quote author=dodge ram link=topic=79629.msg825650#msg825650 date=1272574064]
They don't do that any more after the fact. Only if you go in before a incident. The 1 time pass changed when they changed names.
[/quote]
It wouldn't matter, he was .204, his license would be terminated for at least a year. No license, no job, see ya assclown go work at McD's. They probably won't hire him either with that on his record though

[quote author=speedracer21 link=topic=79629.msg825959#msg825959 date=1272680737]
con-way hires guys with dui what kind of background do con-way run on there drivers
[/quote]

Con way has hired idiots ... guys with dui's on there record ... no ... whether it is a no contest or plead out ... they have not hired anyone with a hint of oiv dwi dui on their record ..