XPO | Dsa's future with con-way

Anybody hire on after jan. '10 doesn't currently get anything. We talked about this before.

I don't remember that topic, I am not saying your wrong. Its not a good deal for newhires and it cannot be justified.

I don't remember that topic, I am not saying your wrong. Its not a good deal for newhires and it cannot be justified.

Go back about 3 months or so. We talked about it. The guy from NNC was talking about how he got nothing in the 401K. I did'nt realize it either, until it was pointed out to me.

You ever think they change the subject because they don't know the answer? I guarantee no one lower than a SCM(if they even know anything) knows a damn thing about it. They stated they hoped 2nd quarter for something. It is still the second quarter and I have not heard a word and will not untill they release it to everyone. Big changes like this are not communicated to everyone untill everyone needs to know. Only a select few need to know what the plan is for now and everyone will know when its official.

I'm saying that I didn't get a straight answer on if I would be getting a 401k contribution at all.

These guys are coming here for the free CDL. After the 12 months is up. They are gone. Most of them don't ever run anyway. They go through the course to be a dock hand. They aren't happy working here in the least bit.

And most senior drivers are not shy about how this company operates and treats its employees. There are no illusions. A senior driver explained he had been promised $3000 a month pension. And that at last check he would be getting $1100. With nothing more going into it. Just a 401K. Which at the moment isn't really performing well. He was gonna be set to retire soon. But the rug has been pulled out from under him.

At least the trainees are young and free to go and find better. And they will. It ain't even that hard to do. Most companies have resorted to head hunting new CDL holders. The way these guys are now a days they are probably keeping up with job offers on their smart phones while they work the dock.

That SUCKS!!! There is NO WAY I would sign on with this outfit today. I had no idea that things had come to this. I hope the Captain of this ship realizes that if you want to attract the best drivers, you have got offer competitive wages and benefits. Not offering any retirement benefits at all is completely ridiculous and counter productive. All in the name saving a little money. WTF
It sure does,what's left? UPS frt? I wouldn't work for those pos people either. You can forget the onion too, it's over.Other than UPS,who has a good,funded,pension? I can't think of anyone,just sayin.....

I dont know where you are and really dont care but, in the XGR area USF is hiring and so is YRC, go over there and tell them and the Teamsters how much is not being done for you and see what kind of responce you get!
You may have a point. Perhaps it's time to start looking elsewhere.

Well what a response...

Let me start by saying that I take my future very seriously. I do participate in the 401k and currently contribute approx. 2k/year to a Roth IRA.

I AM greatful for the opportunity to participate in the Con-way Driver Trainer program.

My personal oppinion is that Con-way has multiple areas with room for improvement if they are trying to be a "world class organization"

That's all folks.

Anybody hire on after jan. '10 doesn't currently get anything. We talked about this before.

I get nothing, I expect nothing and want nothing in the form of retirement benefits. Just pay me a decent wage and Ill make my own investment/retirement decisions