XPO | DSR fired for using load bar.

optimus prime

TB Lurker
Credits
Has anyone heard of a DSR getting fired for using a safe stack bar as a load bar? I reviewed the training video, and it shows using it for that purpose. Any feedback?

Dude where are these places that I read about on here, where people get fired for sneezing in the wrong tone? There is no way anyone would get fired for this. Let's face it, Conway has been doing some pretty crappy things lately, but no much different then some other places. People are acting like we are working for the devil himself. From what I have seen in my years at the Con, is bosses that really do put up with quite a bit from a lot of people. I am not saying they are perfect, or angels, but fairly easy going. It seems you gotta work pretty hard at getting fired to get them to drop the hammer.

Dude where are these places that I read about on here, where people get fired for sneezing in the wrong tone? There is no way anyone would get fired for this. Let's face it, Conway has been doing some pretty crappy things lately, but no much different then some other places. People are acting like we are working for the devil himself. From what I have seen in my years at the Con, is bosses that really do put up with quite a bit from a lot of people. I am not saying they are perfect, or angels, but fairly easy going. It seems you gotta work pretty hard at getting fired to get them to drop the hammer.

Really???? I am not only thinking personally, but of friends I would never have thought to be let go from this company.

I just worked my first week at Con Way and its so much better than upsf. It's a completely different atmosphere.

seriously put down the blue kool-aid.

We all know that there have been a lot of shady, crappy things done around here, but there are many, many places much worse to be working. Not a lot of people make our kind of money "although it is too low for what we do" without a college degree. That's all I'm saying.

Most people believe the grass is always greener elsewhere. Until they get there. I have a few ex co workers that wish they never quit and could come back after finding out the same crap happens at most other companies

You can use a load bar (if necessary) in a SafeStack trailer but NEVER run a load rack into one of these! That WILL get you into some hot water...

grass is always greener,same here,i've ran into alot of deserters later and almost all have said the same thing,i wish i would've stayed. even when we had the sorriest,biggest, pr--k of a scm that most of you have never had the displeasure of working for.well i say good luck finding greener grass cause it's the same anywhere you go, now you get to start over at the bottom again oh joy!!!!

You can use a load bar (if necessary) in a SafeStack trailer but NEVER run a load rack into one of these! That WILL get you into some hot water...
You can put a deck in an E-track trailer on the very end because the bars don't come to the very back.This is per my E-Track trainer at my SC.

For all of you that think it's soooo terrible... try working a $10-$12 an hour job with no benefits for a while. Sounds like some spoiled kids to me.

You can put a deck in an E-track trailer on the very end because the bars don't come to the very back.This is per my E-Track trainer at my SC.

We've been told that if a load deck comes within 5 feet of an E-Track, it's our a**. No excuse. And load bars are unacceptable also. They say the load bars distort the walls of the trailers and prevent the E-Track from working correctly. I wish they would let us use decks on the tail at our barn. That could have saved some serious back stripping a # of times.

I tend to agree with you on this and i have been here 26 years. Yes the company has taken away alot from us old timers but have always and and am saying now, a person has to really work at it to get fired. This is a tough industry and with the new rules coming out sounds like it might get tougher, let's just truck and stop the whining