XPO | DSR killed on the job

snoopy

TB Lurker
Credits
A Conway DSR was killed last Wed.(I think) at Cherry Point Air Base in NC. I'm not sure on the details, I heard it from others. I know his name is Johnny and sometimes went by JJ. From what I've heard, he was somehow crushed between his trailer and a dock. I don't work for you all but was just hoping there were some details here. My sincere condolences go out to his family and to the Conway family. It's my understanding he had over 20 years there and was retiring at the end of the month.

Last edited by a moderator:
Much sympathy to his family. I'm sorry for their loss and hope they find comfort in the Lord. It's sobering to hear these things, reminds me that we are blessed with each day and we have to be extra safe out there. Be careful everyone!!!!

I stand corrected. After reading a news report, he was at Cherry Farms Seed Company in Columbia, NC. The truck was on an incline at the dock when he stepped between the trailer and dock to lock his trailer. There was sand on the concrete that allowed the truck to slide back onto him. RIP brother.

I stand corrected. After reading a news report, he was at Cherry Farms Seed Company in Columbia, NC. The truck was on an incline at the dock when he stepped between the trailer and dock to lock his trailer. There was sand on the concrete that allowed the truck to slide back onto him. RIP brother.

Wow! Poor guy!! That's horrible!

Johnny was a good friend & fellow truck driver with Con-Way freight where I work in Wilson, NC. It was told to use at the terminal on Friday morning that the ramp the the TT was sitting on had a light layer of sand on it & caused the unit to slide back with the brakes applied & pinned Johnny between the rear of trailer & dock while he was going to lock the trailer door. This is a very sad issue & Johnny will be greatly missed. May the Lord touch his family & loved ones & time will heal this. Thankyou

*** this was a post from someone that knew him. from a local paper. ***

It's amazing that a guy with that much time would get between there. Safety. Safety. Safety. Man that sucks.

Hammer down up there driver.... may the sun be at your back always. And may your family find peace amidst this tragedy.

kiss and hug your love ones tight and tell them you you LOVE them ,you never know when it's the last time. god's with you and keep your family in his hands.

i heard from a reliable source that the trailor was on an incline the driver was pulling the door down slipped off the deck of the trailor and knocked the gladhand off trailor rolled back and pinned him at any rate its a bad deal

i heard from a reliable source that the trailor was on an incline the driver was pulling the door down slipped off the deck of the trailor and knocked the gladhand off trailor rolled back and pinned him at any rate its a bad deal

Same story I got.

Shouldn't the trailer lock if the glad hand comes off?I believe the story that the rig was sitting on some sand at the dock area and it slipped backwards