Central Transport | Dugan # 3

The Dugan family would be highly insulted to be associated with Central Transport.
I was curious about that. That is a decent looking website they have, nice looking equipment and all but you know what a little makeup can do.

I was curious about that. That is a decent looking website they have, nice looking equipment and all but you know what a little makeup can do.
Very true about makeup. They are a small outfit in the big picture here in Dallas. About 10-15 city drivers give or take a few to cover all of D-FW which would make the volume of freight they handle very small. U.S. Road another Dugan owned company is about that small too. They both run out of small leased terminals with about 20-30 dock doors. Good equipment and decent service. Pay is way below scale at about 19-20 hour. Healthcare cost are high with subpar benefits. But overall not a bad place to work with kind of an mom and pop culture. Talk to many of them daily and most seem fairly happy. Many just want a little more money but don't we all. I see them sitting around a lot which kind of implies the work load is minimal and you get paid less because you do less. Technology is non existant with everything being done old school like the good old days. Find a shade tree and hide and just wait. Big brother isn't watching these guys. It has it's perks but it's not my thing.