R&L | eastern region

ex driver

TB Lurker
Credits
its a joke sponge bob holds back on man power pushes to send guys home and then drivers get out late and p/us are missed. then when the complaints come in he wants answers. you cant tell him we shorthanded. he is a joke of a manager and so are his tms they run with their tail betweent their legs and yes that idiot to death.

has anyone had contact with the r+l drivers who went to to work for walmart out of the grove city ohio location or the washington court house location. i am wondering if they are doing ok and making any money...thanks

I didn't go to work for either of those DC,but I do go into Grove City quite often.Walmart drivers work out of numerous DC's around a region.I
left R&L carriers after 18 years. I'm making a lot more money, and I don't drive JUNK anymore, and I don't have to deal with the unprofessional imature children running that company.

Hey Richard. Why don't you stick to the other companys blog. I'm sure you will be complaining about them before to long.

Hey Richard. Why don't you stick to the other companys blog. I'm sure you will be complaining about them before to long.

How about you minding your own business. He isn't causing trouble here and I decide who stays and who goes, not you.

Why does Richard have to keep commenting on R+L. He has said enough. Leave this forum for R+L employees. If not how can you believe what is being said. Anybody could go on any LTL forum and just tell lies and it would make anything we read not creditable. He did'nt like it and left. That was up to him. Why does'nt he tell us who he works for so we can go look at that forum and see when he start complaining about that company.

Why does Richard have to keep commenting on R+L. He has said enough. Leave this forum for R+L employees. If not how can you believe what is being said. Anybody could go on any LTL forum and just tell lies and it would make anything we read not creditable. He did'nt like it and left. That was up to him. Why does'nt he tell us who he works for so we can go look at that forum and see when he start complaining about that company.

He has told us who he went to. Again, he isnt making trouble and he was employed 18 years with this company and was a huge supporter of the company back before they started changing. He even told evrryone who he was on the old forum before the change. As I already said and this is the last time im telling you, he is allowed to be here and its my decision, not yours.

Cause I love to TWEAK the managemet at R&L, thats why!!!

I also want anyone that is considering going to work there, to know the truth, about the joke that company has become...

If you are new to the trucking industry, and need to get yourself a year or two of experience, R&L is the place...

If you are looking for a career, you need to avoid the place...

Are you serious man??? It is no secret who I am working for, I am not gonna do you research for you, and spoon feed you information...

BTW, one little tid bit for you, I was R&L's biggest cheerlreader for 15 years..I even paid my own way(300 miles trip), along wiith paying for my own hotel,so I could attend the 2009 employee conference...

I used to get bashed for being such a COMPANY MAN!!!

You either have no clue what you are talking about, or your in management, or PROBABLY BOTH!!

I didn't become negative on R&L, until they hired Zimmerman, and made it VERY CLEAR, that they didn't gine a damn about their employee's..
Who are you working for now so I can keep a eye on that forum? I bet you will be negative with-in a year.

Don't worry Richard. I do have a clue and been around longer than you.I guess your not to proud of were your working now that you won't tell us and you have to keep looking at the R+L forum. Good luck in the rest of your career.

Don't worry Richard. I do have a clue and been around longer than you.I guess your not to proud of were your working now that you won't tell us and you have to keep looking at the R+L forum. Good luck in the rest of your career.

Richard is right. All you have to do is look down to the 7th post in this section and you will find out where he went. Its right there out in the open. I'm also gonna go out on a limb and say if you like this company as much as you are showing you are probably one of the anointed ones in Wilmington. I'm sure everyone in Wilmington loves their jobs and has no issues at all but things are a bit different at other locations. Some are having a real tough time and others like myself are doing well due to the fact I'm 3rd in seniority. Also, he's around here because he has friends here.

Not everyone in Wilmington loves their job. In fact most people here have had few raises in the past 5 years compared to the Drivers who seem to get raises and have bonus potential more than any salaried employee. Richard did the right thing. If you don't like it start looking for another job. Don't ***** about it, do something about it. He bitched and he did something about it. Good Job. Looks like everyone is afraid to say where he is now working. I did'nt see it in the 7th posting but it looks like Wal Mart. ?? R+L is'nt a bad place to work. Could be better , could be worse. Not easy finding something better.

We need to rid Zimmerman and replace him! Time for change, the western regional manager is a total piece of hunk as well. MJ is famous for sweeping everything under the rug, and he LOVES to retaliate on anyone who complains (although he says he cares and will do everything he can to solve the problem LOL). MJ is not a problem solver, he is a problem sweeper. I told him one time "god forbid we actually fix anything" and he just gives me a dumb look. These idiots do not realize that if you confront and fix the problems then they will actually go away, but if you sweep them, then they just keep coming back over and over and over again......... But I have a tendency to forget that I am just a driver and I do not know a thing!

We need to rid Zimmerman and replace him! Time for change, the western regional manager is a total piece of hunk as well. MJ is famous for sweeping everything under the rug, and he LOVES to retaliate on anyone who complains (although he says he cares and will do everything he can to solve the problem LOL). MJ is not a problem solver, he is a problem sweeper. I told him one time "god forbid we actually fix anything" and he just gives me a dumb look. These idiots do not realize that if you confront and fix the problems then they will actually go away, but if you sweep them, then they just keep coming back over and over and over again......... But I have a tendency to forget that I am just a driver and I do not know a thing!

i agree 100%
look at this crap with tractors. i literally have seen 1 new tractor come through our shop and i heard it got sent to buffalo. 1 since 07. i dont care how cheap they get these freightliners for, r&l doesnt have enough mechanics at any terminal to fix them, because they are starting to get worse and worse, and thats not even to mention all the older macks they keep putting engines etc in.
who the **** thinks that is a good idea?
but i am also just a dumb driver, and cant possibly have a clue.

oh and to the usual guys whose retort is to find another job if we dont like it- no we wont. we have earned the right to b**** about this company cause we are the ones who made it what it is. period. no compromise on that one at all. we arent wishing the company to shut its doors and go away, we just want to do away with the nonsense and just STUPID mindset that is stopping us from being a better company.
there really isnt alot of justification for some decisions being made here, and we all wish it would be corrected.

The decisions that are made here are to make more money for the Roberts, period. You should know that by now. If we don't like it- find another job.You can complain all you want. We all have a job to do. From office to dock to drivers. The bottom line is to make the company profitable. And right now they don't have to share if they don't want to.