XPO | Eastern seaboard blizzard 12/18 - 12/19

Merry Christmas!
I have never lost a wiper blade doing that, but could see it happening.I have actually had to stop in the middle of a 2 lane highway with my 4-ways on and stand on the tire and scrape the ice from my window.Since I started using winter blades and Peak windshield de-icer I never have visibility issues on the road.But we don't need them according to the big wigs.Buy your own and take them off before the truck goes in for service.

Right now we are in different trucks every night here. I'll see how the truck bidding thing goes for 2010 - if I'm actually in the same one every night that is something I'll definitely do.

Merry Christmas!
I have never lost a wiper blade doing that, but could see it happening.I have actually had to stop in the middle of a 2 lane highway with my 4-ways on and stand on the tire and scrape the ice from my window.Since I started using winter blades and Peak windshield de-icer I never have visibility issues on the road.But we don't need them according to the big wigs.Buy your own and take them off before the truck goes in for service.

Be carefull. Installing non company blades will considerd
"Altering equipment", could cost you your job.

and make sure you have on heavy gloves when you reach
out and clean the blades. Over the years I have seen some nasty cuts from the blades.

Not only am I willing to do that, I encourage others to do the same.Safety is my #1 core value even if it isn't Con-way's anymore.Whatever it takes to get me home safe from my run.As far as Mr. Labrie goes, I worked with him out west and have always found him to be a great guy and always does what is best for the company and its shareholders, which is his job.Being the president of a company is like being POTUS,you have tough decisions to make that affect many people.I thank God I didn't have to make those myself.This is still a great place to work regardless of how much you try to tear it down.We are all entitled to our opinions and I respect yours.

Very true and a nice post. I to have worked with John and he is a very decent guy. Very personable and well liked out here. When you become the president of a company that is NOW "driven by the old mighty buck", you have to do what is good for the health of the company. If you don't, your gone. So, being driven by the dollar, John don't have much choice in some decisions.