XPO | Employee appreciation day

I don't need their weenies and pats on the back. They should quit all that "appreciation" stuff. Most of us are adults, and we don't need these cheerleading events.
I agree.
Just found it humorous.
And found it ironic it was on the same day they closed a bunch of terminals resulting in the displacement of many employees..
Comes off as them being a little tone-deaf.

What happened to all the optimism you guys had after your beloved "Mr.Jacobs" aquired ConWay.

I notice you aren't using the "Mr. Jacobs" much anymore.

did you know friday March 4 the was employee appreciation day?

What did your terminal do to recognize you?

You mean to tell me that they didn't at least give me an 'at a boy' on Thursday w/ them knowing that I had a scheduled PTO for Friday? Well...you know what...Friday was my birthday so I enjoyed having it off in spite of the fact that I wasn't shown the love on Thursday.

All the food games and the disingenuous, (although well intentioned), celebrations just turn me off anyway. So maybe it was better that I wasn't there Friday. I'd much rather that they take the money that they spend on this stuff and give me a 5 dollar bill, (or whatever the cost is per person for the event), give me my DR packet, dispatch me on my route for the day, and just leave me alone. :thumbsdown:

You mean to tell me that they didn't at least give me an 'at a boy' on Thursday w/ them knowing that I had a scheduled PTO for Friday? Well...you know what...Friday was my birthday so I enjoyed having it off in spite of the fact that I wasn't shown the love on Thursday.

All the food games and the disingenuous, (although well intentioned), celebrations just turn me off anyway. So maybe it was better that I wasn't there Friday. I'd much rather that they take the money that they spend on this stuff and give me a 5 dollar bill, (or whatever the cost is per person for the event), give me my DR packet, dispatch me on my route for the day, and just leave me alone. :thumbsdown:
I'm like you, vet...it's the 'little things' they could for us everyday that show we're appreciated, instead of one week (or day) of celebration, and then proceed to step on our necks the other 51 weeks of the year.

When a former TM I had try to do a cheesy cookout (hotdogs, chips and pop) I walked by him on the way out and he asked me why I wasn't staying, I told him I come here to make money...not friends.

When I get in and see all the food spread out on the tables, I just swipe out and head for the exit. When asked on my way out..."why don't you join in and have a burger," I usually reply w/, " nah, no thanks,my wife has a meal already made for me waiting at home. Would you want me to fill up here and then go home and not eat w/ my wife and family?" They get the message every time. I hate playing office politics sooooooooooo much.:dread:

When a former TM I had try to do a cheesy cookout (hotdogs, chips and pop) I walked by him on the way out and he asked me why I wasn't staying, I told him I come here to make money...not friends.
don't waste the money on stuff like that. If you want waste money Just give me the cash.

When I get in and see all the food spread out on the tables, I just swipe out and head for the exit. When asked on my way out..."why don't you join in and have a burger," I usually reply w/, " nah, no thanks,my wife has a meal already made for me waiting at home. Would you want me to fill up here and then go home and not eat w/ my wife and family?" They get the message every time. I hate playing office politics sooooooooooo much.:dread:
Agree, VP! Office politics...not my cup of tea

that was a different company, in a different time.......my paycheck cashed tuesday, enough appreciation for this driver....:guiness: