ODFL | Employee appreciation week

Who gives a damn how fast the truck runs? Pay overtime to hourly guys and hourly wait time from your cut time.
I’m on like a feeder run between 3 terminals. It’s a scheduled run. Every other week I have a problem. When I get back up to the SEA terminal, I get told that my trailers just went out the gate. Beyond that a certain person called in a extra driver to do it or it was a add on to someone else’s run. So I take my break and wait for over a hour beyond my break for a few bills to be put on a trailer. I’ve complained, nothing being done about it. Just excuses or a nod and wink. I think that I will clock in when this happens. It also shortens my run, thus less in wages. It’s sad that a dispatcher can’t respect a scheduled run.

When that happens, that might be the times that Billy sees me in my tractor. I’m not being paid, so I am free to do what I want. I’m just burning my time up for free. I agree with you Song. We need to be paid to sit and wait. We’re on duty with the BLU. But we’re not being compensated. I’m sure that you you’ve heard this. “There’s hot freight on there, you need to hurry up. Don’t mess around.”
After waiting and watching. NO ACCOUNTABILITY. It falls onto the driver.

Who gives a damn how fast the truck runs? Pay overtime to hourly guys and hourly wait time from your cut time.
I’d much rather be home an hour early everyday then make a couple extra bucks. Plus we both know they will never pay OT or hourly wait times unless they are forced to. Turning all the trucks up is actually possible.

I’d much rather be home an hour early everyday then make a couple extra bucks. Plus we both know they will never pay OT or hourly wait times unless they are forced to. Turning all the trucks up is actually possible.
You can forget about turning up the tractors.It will never happen.Surprised they haven't turned them down more.It's all about the number's.

In my opinion it comes down to the manager, some managers treat their people like they are a team and want everybody to feel like they are a part of a team and will go the extra mile for their team ex: steak as stated above,and some managers who don't see their people as their team will buy the basic package because they HAVE to and will buy the cheapest thing sam's offers a large box of frozen hockey puck burgers. And as we all know ,the employees know which manager they have .

NGA had the Turkey Burger special from Sams club and Sugar free Coke must been on special at Sams Club. LoL that was on Wednesday. Usually we have Popcorn Friday but no popcorn yesterday hahaha must over spent on Wednesday.

Gee fly..if you wouldn't take so long at your other terminal and get moving, maybe you would get those trailers but then again, you would need to come back to SEA and that would make you do your full run...and not get back home 3-4 hrs early. That terminal can't afford any more late freight because of poor dispatching from your home terminal...and you should be use to no accountability..that s the way your TM likes it or is it "Ill check into it" syndrome then sweep it under the rug

Gee fly..if you wouldn't take so long at your other terminal and get moving, maybe you would get those trailers but then again, you would need to come back to SEA and that would make you do your full run...and not get back home 3-4 hrs early. That terminal can't afford any more late freight because of poor dispatching from your home terminal...and you should be use to no accountability..that s the way your TM likes it or is it "Ill check into it" syndrome then sweep it under the rug
You had everything right except getting back to my home terminal early. With our favorite dispatcher working, I do the short run in the long run time frame. I know exactly what you’re talking about. Those famous 4 words. Be safe.

You can forget about turning up the tractors.It will never happen.Surprised they haven't turned them down more.It's all about the number's.
I bet drivers at all these other companies were saying the same thing. Almost all of our extra board trucks are set to 70. This year, when the 600+ mile bid run drivers got new trucks, they never turned down the old ones. The funny thing is, decreasing horsepower and slowing down a truck does not always equal fuel mileage. It’s all about how much boost you’re making.
If you’re going to get home an hour early they’re going to have to turn them up to around 100.
I may have exaggerated a little. There’s a few guys that do the same run as me (mid 500’s) and their 70 mph truck saves them almost 50 mins a night.

My personal desire is not necessarily speed. Oregon is 55. Washington is 60. But bumping up the horsepower and allowing the high end on the BLU parameters to be 1800. You are using the engine to do the work. You are saving fuel mileage. You are able to do better than 17 mph up a freakin hill, especially with triples. You are also relieving the stress on the driver. And the compression brakes are actually allowed to work, thus saving the brakes. Trust me I know this. I had a tractor a number of years ago setup like this. I was straight 0’s on the ROI, got better fuel mileage than the other tractors and was able to pull hills and mountain passes. All that was done without getting a speeding ticket. Just saying. But then again what do I know.