XPO | Employee Buyout?

I also can't see why they would buy out senior drivers. They are begging people to work for them as it is!

Big hypothetical. IF it were true, it's about the money.
Top Scale is always more expensive. (one time buy out and their done)
Same work less pay for those drivers climbing up the pay scale ladder.
Revolving door will now be placed at the bottom and top scale.

Guys, it's not that you don't make sense, because you do...its just that it hasn't even been mentioned in passing much less a whisper..experienced DSRs are the life blood of this company, not a revolving door...plenty of companies out there with a revolving door...you can name them, and you already know their status in the industry...that's why it is a revolving door..Con-way has no interest in putting themselves in that league..who knows 5 years from now, but not now..

new guys do not get a share of what is in the pension account.

The pension account is not relevant...because you leave conway doesnt make your pension to date go away for conway..they will always owe you that pension once you are vested. The only money being added right now is investment interest off of what they currently have. Up to i think it was 2016. After that, what is there is there in your personal account. It will not get bigger. So sending a senior guy off with a buyout would not save them any money...the only way it could (would have to see statistics first) is if they buy out the retirements, and that is a ton of money up front that i dont forsee them spending...i could be missing something here, but just doesnt make sense.

It was simply time to put it to rest, which is what I had hoped to do...

Not to be a trouble maker or **** you off...but it really isnt any "ones" place to put anything to rest here...it is a public forum, not any "ones" forum to put anything to rest, well except for the big guy Jeff...

Not to be a trouble maker or **** you off...but it really isnt any "ones" place to put anything to rest here...it is a public forum, not any "ones" forum to put anything to rest, well except for the big guy Jeff...

The moderator has control to run the forum, that is why I got kicked out of the USF forums, I guess the MOD there does not like my OPINION when he ASKED for OPINIONS.
So there, I just helped this be a wasted thread.:1036316054:

Guys, it's not that you don't make sense, because you do...its just that it hasn't even been mentioned in passing much less a whisper..experienced DSRs are the life blood of this company, not a revolving door...plenty of companies out there with a revolving door...you can name them, and you already know their status in the industry...that's why it is a revolving door..Con-way has no interest in putting themselves in that league..who knows 5 years from now, but not now..
:hide: If they think experienced DSRs are the lifeblood of this Company......they sure have a strange way of relaying it to us!!! :smilie_132:

we have many 20 year plus veterns at our barn and not one of them have even mention this kind of talk and believe me they would it would be around like a wild fire

so i doubt that the rumor is true

The pension account is not relevant...because you leave conway doesnt make your pension to date go away for conway..they will always owe you that pension once you are vested. The only money being added right now is investment interest off of what they currently have. Up to i think it was 2016. After that, what is there is there in your personal account. It will not get bigger. So sending a senior guy off with a buyout would not save them any money...the only way it could (would have to see statistics first) is if they buy out the retirements, and that is a ton of money up front that i dont forsee them spending...i could be missing something here, but just doesnt make sense.
:hide: Makes sense to me.
$23.55 per hour versus $19.00 per hour
No more 11% contributions into the 401k
Get rid of the people with attitudes after being screwed by Con-Way
Bring in young blood that walk the walk and buy the company line
Get rid of people with attitudes after being screwed by Con-Way
Bring some of the younger workers up to a good senoirity spot
Put the old timers out to pasture, thereby lowering workers comp claims
The first two reasons, which are dollars and cents are enough. The rest are just icing on the cake!
For Boxboss: Put THIS to rest! :smilie_132:

Sounds like you and your attitude need to hit the door...and take your rumors with you...grab hold of some facts, then spew...people like you with nothing to do except stir up others with nothing other than what you dream up in your head...you're that unhappy, find the gate..

I can honestly say I have never seen a good co-worker canned. I'm sure it has happened, but I have not seen it. The only really "subjective" firing I have seen was a benefit to all of us. From the top to the bottom of the board he was a cancer and a leech on the company. We were all happy to see him "dismissed".
:hide: I can honestly say that I have only questioned 1 termination in my time here. This person DID violate company policy, but several others also violated the same policy.
My other co-workers that have been terminated deserved it. I am only speaking about employees that I worked directly with. :smilie_132: