Estes | employee help line?

simpleman

TB Lurker
Credits
hey everyone...anyone ever use the estes help line?...BEWARE...it's not confidential..i used it...and now i don't have a job...never been treated the way i was here at estes..12 years down the drain...guys don't trust anyone in management...good luck to you all...:smilie_132::sadwavey:

hey everyone...anyone ever use the estes help line?...BEWARE...it's not confidential..i used it...and now i don't have a job...never been treated the way i was here at estes..12 years down the drain...guys don't trust anyone in management...good luck to you all...:smilie_132::sadwavey:

Simpleman, you should have asked here before you called the "make me available to the industry" hotline. I'm really really sorry to hear that they let you go. I'm guessing you gave them your real name. If I might ask, what did you call them about? If you feel better telling me in a PM please do. I've heard many of nightmare stories about calling that number and within days afterward, that person being out of a job. Richmond is really starting to use this crappy economy against us all. The know that good jobs in our industry are few and far between right now. So they are putting the clamps on, knowing most will fall in line and fold to unfair treatment. All because they are just happy to have a job. Old Jr Johnson's comment about using contract carriers in imbalanced lanes only.. is total BS. All the drivers I talk to are starting to get pissed. I can't wait til the replace us all with PT dockworkers. It's starting to become time to protect our jobs..not just dockmen, all of us. Don't sacrifice safety for speed and AVOID company functions. Especially the softball tournament...A guy here from 024 got hurt there in Aug or Sep, whenever the hell it is. He was all set to come back in the beginning of May, he even agreed that when he came back. That he would go back to working Tues-Sat nights. Well, a little letter arrived in his mail last week saying he was no longer employed. There's gratitude for ya. Now before all you educated company men come here trying to inform me that Estes only has to hold his job for 12 weeks. I'm well aware of FMLA, but where's that family atmosphere? He got hurt at a company function, being a good Team Estes member. I doubt 024 will be fielding a team this year, noone wants to lose their job. Be safe out there! And watch your a$$es! :smilie_132:

Sorry

I am so sorry to hear this happened to you. # 1 get a lawyer and sue hard!!!!:chairshot: And again I say how long will all of you people put up with this crap?? I know this is not the place for this. But it is well over due  for all of you to stand up and get organized. more of you  will fall and soon. Good luck. PM me if any one needs help or info. Mad Trucker Standing buy:1036316054:

i'm not the only one

sounds like i'm not the only one. i called this help line complaining about our shop manager.(i'm a mechanic in atl 041). next thing i knew i was sent fmla papers after missing 3 days of work in 11 months of which 2 were my personal days.luckily my doctor put me on disabilty. i really do miss turning wrenches and being around trucks. it's been my life for 30 years. what gets me is i never had a bad review and was always told i was an asset to him in the shop with my knowledge...go figure. i've never worked for a union company but i personally think it's needed here.and it's not just atlanta. i actually get sick to my stomach thinking about it. i talked to a friend of ine still working at estes and he told me about another mechanic out. the shop manager road this guy so hard he almost died. noce started bleeding at work...when to the clinic and his blood pressure was so high he was close to having a stroke...i've seen this guy almost in tears..he's very loyal..been with estes 15 years...61 years old and now estes wants to get rid of him...i'm really glaf i'm gone but i feel lid they stole something from me...my career...you guys please be careful who you talk to and watch your backs...you guys have a good week end...be careful:smilie_132:

Why would anyone think that it would be confidential. Maybe at a real company, but a company like Estes, never misses a chance to eliminate a potential problem employee, even a good one in need

You people need to grab your nuts, and either organize or walk. The reflection in the mirror will improve when you have your dignity. I apologize for forcing the reality pill down your throat. But I call them the way I see them. Teamster Elvis out....

guess i was too trusting...it does say it is confidential...just never have worked for a company such as this b4...didn't know what to expect..later guys:smilie_132:

Get together and get Unionized, stand together and they can't touch you!!! The is strength in numbers, so come and join the 1.5 million of us, we would be glad to have you...