XPO | employee orientation meeting

BlueColoredTrucks

TB Regular
Credits
so i went to the employee orientation meeting that all of us go to on our first year...

very informative and you could ask any question you want....a lot of union-bashing but they did admit that all the benefits we have today wouldnt be so without the union movement (just that they werent needed "anymore")...and free food and 2 days paid (sunday and monday) and tuesday off....

....gotta admit at first you wanna say the things that we all talk about here on these boards, but i wannna say it the right way as to not look like a trouble maker....and the fact that this was the president of cwx (kevin H) i was talking to....and that i value my job and have bills and rent to pay.... then the ball started rolling and some ppl grew some balls and the questions started heading into the likes of things like not being able to take breaks/lunch between your 4th and 6th hour....and using your extension to work the dock or even worse sweep..and unneccesary vias and all those "problems" we seem to have....

...they answered with the chain of command thing ...(you all know what that means) and to also call the ethics hotline... et etc....

besides that .....im not one to name names of violators because i myself am not perfect and screw up at times....and if i were to point out ppl who also happen to be "higher" than me it would be all too easy for them to get me back in the same way if you know what i mean...

...also it could all backfire....if we complain about breaks, they will force breaks at inoppurtune times and take off the pay automatically, if we complain about using our extensions they would do something with that...

....just like the line driver who calledthe 800 number complaining why do "extraboard linehaul" drivers get to "pass" and he could not.....and you know what they did? a no passing rule!! which fortunately didnt last long since it gave me smaller paychecks since the runs never got to me at the time since i was the bottom guy and it was dead season...

so yea call me a chicken or watever but voicing out all your complaints to the "TOP DAAWGS" of our company could backfire on you or in turn if you say (xxxxx______xxxx) FOS at UXX always does XXXX and he finds out you could be his next "target"

sorry if my english sucks, im actually very proficient, i just hate typing

but besides all that it was a very good meeting and they taught us about "policy" and benefits we have....and how icp is calculated and how much con-way grew profit wise from the past....told us about new tractors coming in that are 10 speed about openeing new svc's etc etc.....

gotta admit no other company ive worked for went through all this trouble to make shure i knew what was going on....

I've always liked Kevin H. He was a huge loss to Central...huge gain for Western.

yes yes, he is a great guy, very friendly and down to earth...here he is this guy in front of me my ultimate boss nobody with higher authority over my job and this guy probably makes like 20X i will ever make in my life and yet he acts like a normal human being doesnt even try to make you feel inferior or scared....he laughs with you and shakes your hand and doesnt act like a dick and powertrips like half the FOS out there who act like they're the president....

if anything ever does happen, i feel like i can use the open door policy without fear...

I was able to sit down and have lunch with him during my EO, He was still with Central then, very good guy, down to earth and you could talk to him without feeling like you were wasting his time...

I was able to sit down and have lunch with him during my EO, He was still with Central then, very good guy, down to earth and you could talk to him without feeling like you were wasting his time...
He holds no punch's.He say's what he think's.