ABF | Employment

Columbus-OH location for ABF-is a end of the line location. Mon-Fri. City P@D/Dock Combo job.

TForce Freight in Columbus. Either City P#D only 4am-10am Mon -Fri or Mon-Fri. Second Shift 4pm-5pm start time. They can work u dock, yard or out in the city.

Not sure if I missed it but are you interested in linehaul or city? If city, many ABF barns are 7 day operations meaning low seniority earns you a ton of weekend dock time. If you're lucky enough to land an on call spot be prepared to start a different time every day, and likely be sat on a weekday so you can work the weekend. There's a reason they're offering 15k sign on bonus in my area....not many want that lifestyle. Nothing against the healthcare and pension, they're awesome. But seriously how do you maintain a healthy family life with that schedule?

You can do better in LTL imo, and everyone is hiring.
But seriously how do you maintain a healthy family life with that schedule?
Stay single. von.

Not sure if I missed it but are you interested in linehaul or city? If city, many ABF barns are 7 day operations meaning low seniority earns you a ton of weekend dock time. If you're lucky enough to land an on call spot be prepared to start a different time every day, and likely be sat on a weekday so you can work the weekend. There's a reason they're offering 15k sign on bonus in my area....not many want that lifestyle. Nothing against the healthcare and pension, they're awesome. But seriously how do you maintain a healthy family life with that schedule?

You can do better in LTL imo, and everyone is hiring.
Columbus has no weekends and no linehaul board.

Update. After only 1 or 2 days applying for Abf. Received a email saying they past me over. I might call our local 413 president. Who is the BA for Abf and see if he can find out why. Or aleast if he can pull any strings to get me hired.

So at this point looks like i will hire on At. Tforce Freight then because i know they will hire me.

I just got hired on the spot here in Pacoima southern California terminal. Got my start with Reddaway. Too bad the parent company is taking them down with them. Glad to be getting away from the sinking ship they call Yellow.
Lucky ass . ABF Columbus wouldn't hire me. So im going to TForce Freight when they start. Hiring here shortly.

Update. After only 1 or 2 days applying for Abf. Received a email saying they past me over. I might call our local 413 president. Who is the BA for Abf and see if he can find out why. Or aleast if he can pull any strings to get me hired.

So at this point looks like i will hire on At. Tforce Freight then because i know they will hire me.
At this point they will hire anybody

Well update. I reapplied at ABF. In Columbus,OH, and this time HR. Considerate my application. And send this form to put my social security so they can run a background check.

Question if the hire me, would i get top scale or rate right off there. Or 90@ then top after a year.

Plus i would i have to do the 10@ percenter deal or slide into a start time?

Well update. I reapplied at ABF. In Columbus,OH, and this time HR. Considerate my application. And send this form to put my social security so they can run a background check.

Question if the hire me, would i get top scale or rate right off there. Or 90@ then top after a year.

Plus i would i have to do the 10@ percenter deal or slide into a start time?
Personally, if I really wanted the job, when I got hired, I would just be happy I got hired. But some people want to start kicking sand on day one. Good luck!