XPO | End of Con-way Truckload

prezars:
i did hear that con-way truckload is done and it will become CFI a con-way company.
from what I'm hearing all the Volvo will be headed to freight and the truckload guys will be driving KW's.

that's what i'm to understand. I'll see some truckload drivers tomorrow, and try to get the poop. stay tuned.

I think we are hurting, look at the drivers that left and leave. On the left coast which is the busiest for conway we have problems at almost every terminal. The older guys are retiring and there is a big gap then coming. With the 5 year wage increases you won't get many quality guys willing too come aboard since you can get it that in 2 or 3 anywhere else almost.

What you are talking about is a morale problem not a financial problem. Conway is a strong company financialy but it does have its morale problems. Conway is gonna have to change some of their policies in order to get good drivers. I have noticed a downhill slide in the quality of drivers coming on board, but you are right why should somebody with experince come on board when they can get the same benefits somewhere else and be top scale in a matter of one year or less versus five years here. Also the local TM's have a lot to do with what goes on at their terminals if they try to rule with an iron fist they will not have good productive drives. It's all about managment and how you make your people feel. At my barn we have a very good TM ,the best one i've met so far, and we dont have the problems with morale that other terminals like the bay and la areas have. I think upper managment would do good to look at what teminals have morale problems and get rid of those tm's because ultimately an unhappy worker procuces a sorry product.:1036316054:

What you are talking about is a morale problem not a financial problem. Conway is a strong company financialy but it does have its morale problems. Conway is gonna have to change some of their policies in order to get good drivers. I have noticed a downhill slide in the quality of drivers coming on board, but you are right why should somebody with experince come on board when they can get the same benefits somewhere else and be top scale in a matter of one year or less versus five years here. Also the local TM's have a lot to do with what goes on at their terminals if they try to rule with an iron fist they will not have good productive drives. It's all about managment and how you make your people feel. At my barn we have a very good TM ,the best one i've met so far, and we dont have the problems with morale that other terminals like the bay and la areas have. I think upper managment would do good to look at what teminals have morale problems and get rid of those tm's because ultimately an unhappy worker procuces a sorry product.:1036316054:

:1036316054: AMEN! Well said!