R&L | End of quarter review for R&L Carriers

driver9

TB Lurker
Credits
OK... END OF THE QUARTER IS NEAR... WE WERE PROMISED OUR COST OF LIVING INCREASES WOULD BE REVIEWED QUARTERLY... VOLUME AND BILL COUNT UP.... WHERE IS OUR INCREASES???

:Violin:

ANYONE ELSE REMEMBER "CREATING OUR OWN ECONOMY - NOT PARTICIPATING IN THE RECESSION...." :BS::puke:

:stirthepot:

I remember driver9. I also remember during the conference when they said that linehaul drivers did not have to worry about their runs :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

I remember driver9. I also remember during the conference when they said that linehaul drivers did not have to worry about their runs :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

Yeah... I wonder how many team and linehaul drivers have been let go? How many times have they said "we are going to take care of the employees, who have got us where they are today"??? :puke:

Hey, but maybe we will receive some PRIDE POINTS..... LOL!!!

Yeah... I wonder how many team and linehaul drivers have been let go? How many times have they said "we are going to take care of the employees, who have got us where they are today"??? :puke:

Hey, but maybe we will receive some PRIDE POINTS..... LOL!!!

Sure,I could always use another hat.:tongue1::biglaugh:

OK... END OF THE QUARTER IS NEAR... WE WERE PROMISED OUR COST OF LIVING INCREASES WOULD BE REVIEWED QUARTERLY... VOLUME AND BILL COUNT UP.... WHERE IS OUR INCREASES???

:Violin:

ANYONE ELSE REMEMBER "CREATING OUR OWN ECONOMY - NOT PARTICIPATING IN THE RECESSION...." :BS::puke:

:stirthepot:

Bill Count and Volume might be up, but the value of the freight value is lower throughout the market. I heard TM's, bullets and ROD are not getting raises either. So, it's not just the worker bees not getting raises, and don't think I am defending anyone I didn't get my 8 year cost of living either.

just my opinion, of course..... end of quarter, end of month - busier than ever! you are telling me they are not going to re-evaluate our cost of living increases?! this whole bad economy act and story is getting old....

I wish the economy wasn't as bad as it is...but facts are facts. Unemployment rate went up again today to its highest in 25 years. But none of us has had to take a 10% wage cut (like one of the competition hanging on by its fingertips) and we got our 401(K) match this year, even though a lot of companies took that away. I know R+L is going to be here and not gone like so many others. If we're as busy as ever then that just means we're still beating the competition and will be ready to go when the economy really turns around.

from what i hear, bigmanoncampus hit it right on the head...shipments are up but revenue is flat because companies are forced to give bigger discounts...

we can keep looking at the negative, but quite frankly i would rather remain employed with no raise than a raise followed by unemployment.

quite certain our competitors are facing the same issue...

Of course this company being private never publishes figures but I have heard ratios in the past that would be the envy of any (probably all) LTL carriers in business today. They just have to be around when the dust settles from this depression. They are well vested in many different business with large holdings in properties. You guys that work there now would know better than me, are they still debt free? I would assume so. The last time they went into big debt was to buy Gator. They certainly aren't as over leveraged as YRC. I hope everyone see the signals of YRC selling their properties and leasing back as a last ditch effort to raise cash. Can't borrow anymore. When the properties run out where you gonna get mo money. I think it was one of those talking heads in Transport Topics that predicted 2 LTLs and 4 large TLs that you (the general trucking public) know of would cease to exist this year. Place your bets. I guess that prediction would depend on how long this economy drags on.

from what i hear, bigmanoncampus hit it right on the head...shipments are up but revenue is flat because companies are forced to give bigger discounts...

we can keep looking at the negative, but quite frankly i would rather remain employed with no raise than a raise followed by unemployment.

quite certain our competitors are facing the same issue...

smart thinking alot of us agree with you

I dont know about averyone else, but I like it here. My last company didnt give a raise during the good economy. I got hired in at a fair rate. I believe that when times get better AND I've earned a raise for a job well done, I will get it. Raises aren't guaranteed anywhere that I know of.

I dont know about averyone else, but I like it here. My last company didnt give a raise during the good economy. I got hired in at a fair rate. I believe that when times get better AND I've earned a raise for a job well done, I will get it. Raises aren't guaranteed anywhere that I know of.

Sorry I overlooked your 1st post :ranting2:, so a belated Welcome to Truckingboards to you Brother......:clap::clap: