Holland | Endtailing

It all depends on the issue? It could need to be dovetailing, endtailing or neither one? Yes, endtailing is fair if that is what the contract calls for in the specific issue its used in. Your poll question needs to have more information for the members to answer this question correctly.

It all depends on the issue? It could need to be dovetailing, endtailing or neither one? Yes, endtailing is fair if that is what the contract calls for in the specific issue its used in. Your poll question needs to have more information for the members to answer this question correctly.

I don't know how to re do it, other than delete it and start over.

I'm going to add some of your own quotes so everybody understands you and the poll better. I think there has been a misunderstanding about what you're trying to ask and/or say. This should help everyone, I hope?

It's got to get better when they close Holland. I hate to see them close but you would have to be blind deaf and dumb not to see the writing on the wall. The COO put endtail in concrete so there is really no reason to keep them open. If YRC retains the freight some guys will be called back. With YRC's service record they may not keep alot of the freight. Who knows, if they intend on closing them it will probably be before the end of the 2nd quarter. Hang in there till then. Let me state again I hope this doesn't happen, I'm just looking at the cut throat bunch of creeps that run the joint.

If YRC wins endtail agreements at Richmond and Wichita concerning the Holland closure in those locations, they will make the 42 million buy closing Holland. I hope this doesn't happen but YRC is just testing the IBT to see if they will allow an endtail into YRC. Once they are allowed to do it, they will close all of Holland and hope the customers will rollover to YRC.

The stage has been set just waiting for act two.

http://www.tdu.org/files/USFDecision.pdf

It's an IBT decision. it has nothing to do with TDU. It used to be an old Teamster idea that if you took a carriers business and equipment you would at least take the men. I know in the mester generation that is unheard of but why would a company in the position that YRC is in keep a company intact when they could cut costs by taking the customers and closing the facilities and make an agreement that would almost never make them hire any of the displaced workers. We'll see. I give Holland no longer than the end of June. I hope I'm wrong. Mesters, don't worry you'll be fine and maybe busy.

I don't understand how people don't understand plain english.

I never said anything against Holland or it's workers.

I hope Holland is around forever.

What makes me mad as hell is the IBT allowing the company to close 11 locations and the company telling customers that shipping with YRC or New Penn is just as good, while endtailing the Holland employees.

The Holland employees built that business, they deserve to be dovetailed into these barns and I don't give a rats a** about anybody who thinks otherwise.

Sorry!!!!

Endtailing , dovetailing,always an advantage for one guy,and always a disadvantage for the next guy,but thats life,u gotta live with it.

I'm going to add some of your own quotes so everybody understands you and the poll better. I think there has been a misunderstanding about what you're trying to ask and/or say. This should help everyone, I hope?

Thanks for the clarification.

I think it was first read by some, as you were saying it was already a done deal but you were only stating your own opinion. If YRCW was allowed to do this then YRCW might decide to use it against all of Holland, I think we understand it better now.

I think it was first read by some, as you were saying it was already a done deal but you were only stating your own opinion. If YRCW was allowed to do this then YRCW might decide to use it against all of Holland, I think we understand it better now.

I know I do.......:smilie_132:

A lot of difference between following a contract and what is maraly fair.Just my 2 cents

I'm not sure if you're talking about what I posted Indy? If you were I'll try to explain myself, if you weren't then never mind, lol. Ijust wasn't sure what he was asking about at first.

I think we all understand the issue better now.

why should you be able to dovetail at a company where you had no seniority. endtailing is the correct way.

New Penn got the freight that Holland was hauling. Is New Penn using the Holland equipment? It seems that anytime a company gets another companies freight and equipment, they should give the men a job with their seniority. That's just my take. It will be great if any of us still have a job this time tomorrow.:smilie_132: