XPO | English becoming the second language

rangeman

TB Lurker
Credits
Is this the future of Con-way? How about it XGO lets jump on this one before we lose all our rights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can learn several new languages if you just hang around while the sub-standard carriers attempt to check in.

I heard an FOS calling out yard moves in Spanish to the Spanish speaking hostlers.I came to work one day and the CSR was listening to a Spanish speaking radio station ,We had a couple of real Africans going at it one day in their native tongue and the FOS had to break it up and tell them to speak English so he could find out the problem. I think it sucks that nobody takes this serious ,but hey who the hell am I ,Just a American born citizen who only speaks English.

I heard an FOS calling out yard moves in Spanish to the Spanish speaking hostlers.I came to work one day and the CSR was listening to a Spanish speaking radio station ,We had a couple of real Africans going at it one day in their native tongue and the FOS had to break it up and tell them to speak English so he could find out the problem. I think it sucks that nobody takes this serious ,but hey who the hell am I ,Just a American born citizen who only speaks English.

Whats your last name? There are ALOT of American born citizens whose parents or grandparents or great-grandparents did not speak english well or not at all. America is a country of immigrants, always has been and it always will. Why do you care if people are speaking another language? Do you have to know what everyone around you is talking about?

Whats your last name? There are ALOT of American born citizens whose parents or grandparents or great-grandparents did not speak english well or not at all. America is a country of immigrants, always has been and it always will. Why do you care if people are speaking another language? Do you have to know what everyone around you is talking about?

My grandparents came here from "the old country". They came here to be Americans...not some other ethnic group living in America. They learned English and spoke it...even at home.

You just don't get it

My grandparents came here from "the old country". They came here to be Americans...not some other ethnic group living in America. They learned English and spoke it...even at home.

Are you less of an American because you speak more than one language and choose to use it when speaking to others that understand it? Is there something wrong with communicating with others in a language that you feel more comfortable using? Is speaking english and english only a requirement for being a REAL American? Do you have to forget where you came from and the language you were raised with when you come to this country?

I'll go real slow for you radman so even you will understand.I am talking about the workplace ,not the driveway ,not the break room the workplace. How would you like to be the only jackass on the dock when there is a fire or a poison spill because the guy who yelled it out was speaking a different language. English is the language I understand and I want to work with people who speak and understand English
Your right, I just don't get what you have against people speaking to other people in a language different than the one you speak.

rangeman, i agree with you 100%, when it comes to work we all need to be on the same page. no one wants to be told somethings dangerous on the dock or in the yard in another language. nothing should have to be repeated in 2 languages. this isn't about small talk in the lunch room or parking lot. i wonder how it would be if any of us had a job in another country ? do you really think they would give us instructions in English or would we be required to learn another language. this is not about liking another race, it's about communication at the work place. we all need to know whats going on.

I'll go real slow for you radman so even you will understand.I am talking about the workplace ,not the driveway ,not the break room the workplace. How would you like to be the only jackass on the dock when there is a fire or a poison spill because the guy who yelled it out was speaking a different language. English is the language I understand and I want to work with people who speak and understand English

You don't have to go slow for me, I can read,write,and speak english very well.

Look at the quote below. Why do you care if the FOS is calling out moves to the hostler in spanish? Are you the hostler? Does the hostler only make moves when given in spanish? Why do you care if a CSR is listening to a spanish speaking radio station? Maybe she LIKES SPANISH MUSIC. I am sure she does not answer the phone in spanish. Does she not understand you when you ask her a question in english? If two African guys are argueing in another language, how does affect you? Everyone that works with us has the ability speak,read, and write english, TIMS meetings are given in english. The BOL is in english. The DR is in english. The permits are in english etc etc etc.

Do you get my point?

I heard an FOS calling out yard moves in Spanish to the Spanish speaking hostlers.I came to work one day and the CSR was listening to a Spanish speaking radio station ,We had a couple of real Africans going at it one day in their native tongue and the FOS had to break it up and tell them to speak English so he could find out the problem.