Dayton | Entertaining Employment At Gahanna Ohio Location.

1FastVette

TB Lurker
Credits
Well They ran new ad tonight.

I applied for City and Linehaul Driver. Do they have a driver referral sign bonus. Someone give your name there and split in half with me. I'll put your name in ?

Hope Mike over there gives me a chance this time.

Well They ran new ad tonight.

I applied for City and Linehaul Driver. Do they have a driver referral sign bonus. Someone give your name there and split in half with me. I'll put your name in ?

Hope Mike over there gives me a chance this time.
Dayton Freight does not have any kind of referral bonus or sign on bonus. The most that I have ever seen them do is give out a 50.00 or 100.00 gift card. And that is only when they are hurting for people.

Columbus terminal has been very very busy for sometime now. Im sure that you will easily get on if you have a good record.

Hey. Thanks Mike T. Reached out to me today. Sounds good so far he will be contacting me shortly. Next step of the interviewing.

Out of curiousity what is your benefit like ? Any good . Cost for single person. Everything i know about is pretty good to top notch.

Wasnt sure about benefits.

Hey. Thanks Mike T. Reached out to me today. Sounds good so far he will be contacting me shortly. Next step of the interviewing.

Out of curiousity what is your benefit like ? Any good . Cost for single person. Everything i know about is pretty good to top notch.

Wasnt sure about benefits.
Go with the HSA health insurance. DFL will give you 115.00 a month to put into your HSA account plus whatever you contribute weekly. I think the max out of pocket is 3k a year. I was on the PPO for years and it is twice as expensive. They will match your 401k 0.31 cents on the dollar up to 6% i believe

Go with the HSA health insurance. DFL will give you 115.00 a month to put into your HSA account plus whatever you contribute weekly. I think the max out of pocket is 3k a year. I was on the PPO for years and it is twice as expensive. They will match your 401k 0.31 cents on the dollar up to 6% i believe
Is there a pension? If not, then that 401plan a big concern. .31 cents per dollar up to 6%? That can’t be right. Might as well just say its employee contribution only

Vision and dental insurance is pretty good. Short term and long term insurance come in handy.
Get ready to be very busy if your hired on. We are buried in work and I am loving it.
Is there a pension? If not, then that 401plan a big concern. .31 cents per dollar up to 6%? That can’t be right. Might as well just say its employee contribution only
No pension unfortunately. Dayton freight contributions around 2000.00 a year in a lump sum around March.

Ok
Get ready to be very busy if your hired on. We are buried in work and I am loving it.

No pension unfortunately. Dayton freight contributions around 2000.00 a year in a lump sum around March.

Ok. Something is better than nothing. I use my own money to yearly max out my Roth Ira anyway. Sell created pension.

Out of curiousity what has the average yearly raises been like?

In 2019 we received a 5% raise, but we usually received between 2% a year. This year is the first year that we haven't received a raise since I started in 2011.

Oh.. Blame that dang covid 19 B.S.
Yeah a lot of us have noticed other LTL carriers giving out raises. We have some drivers that are pretty upset over it. But we traditionally get a raise at the same time every May. So I'm sure the next one in 2021 will make up for it.

My only complaint is that the safety dept can be pretty heavy handed with write ups and suspensions if you get into trouble. Other than that Dayton freight is a good company and the environment is laid back.

My only complaint is that the safety dept can be pretty heavy handed with write ups and suspensions if you get into trouble. Other than that Dayton freight is a good company and the environment is laid back.

No problem. Nothing i'm unable to deal with. Thanks for the heads up. If i officially get hired on. I'll let u know who i really am.

Question i know what starting rate and current top scale rate. For P@D drivers.

Do u think in 2 years the top rate will hit $30.oo give or take by then ?

Question i know what starting rate and current top scale rate. For P@D drivers.

Do u think in 2 years the top rate will hit $30.oo give or take by then ?
Definitely will be. 2020 is the first year that we haven't received a raise since the last recession I believe. And we are hitting record numbers weekly. I bet our raise will be significant next year. But we are at 28.05 right now, so I bet we get 29.00 or close to it next year. Linehaul is at .687 right now, so hopefully 0.70 next year.