Yellow | Equal sacrifice

wolf

Stinks around here lately
Credits
Just for everyones info, Non union and Mangt will be giving 1 day a month to the betterment of YRC. Not sure how long the time frame will be. :popcorn:

Just for everyones info, Non union and Mangt will be giving 1 day a month to the betterment of YRC. Not sure how long the time frame will be. :popcorn:

I think they should stay home altogether, they do more damage than good. What a bunch of screwballs we have mismanaging this company.:shift:

this is yrc's response to criticism that thier not making enough management cuts. what a joke.there are still way too many upper managers at all facilities.what they need to do is start cutting foreman and demote these overpaid upper managers back to where they started.

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/reuters/MTFH16661_2009-10-08_17-20-27_N08530376.htm

YRC has informed nonunion employees that they will each be required to take eight hours of unpaid time off per month beginning in October, according to an internal memo emailed to employees Wednesday and obtained by Reuters. Based on a 40-hour work week, that amounts to nearly a 5 percent pay cut. The plan is slated to run through February.

Employees are also being asked to voluntarily take between two and eight weeks of sabbatical at 15 percent of their pay.

The moves come on top of a 10 percent pay cut implemented earlier this year.

http://money.cnn.com/news/newsfeeds/articles/reuters/MTFH16661_2009-10-08_17-20-27_N08530376.htm

YRC has informed nonunion employees that they will each be required to take eight hours of unpaid time off per month beginning in October, according to an internal memo emailed to employees Wednesday and obtained by Reuters. Based on a 40-hour work week, that amounts to nearly a 5 percent pay cut. The plan is slated to run through February.

Employees are also being asked to voluntarily take between two and eight weeks of sabbatical at 15 percent of their pay.

The moves come on top of a 10 percent pay cut implemented earlier this year.

Thanks for posting part of the article because the actual article is now GONE.
Same with the original Reuters article.

We have been making good progress on our comprehensive recovery plan to manage through this economic downturn and position our company for future growth. Thank you. This is a joint effort that requires a strong focus and shared commitment from all of us. As you know, there’s still much work to be done as we move forward and remain focused on restoring confidence among our customers and earning more business for the future.

It is equally important that we continue to aggressively manage costs, especially as we enter the fourth quarter, given the seasonal nature of our business. In that vein, we want to inform you about two changes to our benefits and time-off policies for non-union employees, which are effective as of today. These are:

Revised severance plan. We have revised our severance plan to provide up to nine months of subsidized health care coverage along with salary or wage continuance of up to a maximum of 12 weeks, based on length of service. This new policy is being implemented at a time when the vast majority of workforce reductions related to the integration and the functional re-alignment are behind us.

Seasonal time off. Each employee will take 8 hours of unpaid time off per month beginning this month. This unpaid time off will be in addition to any available paid time off you have planned. Time off for hourly-paid employees can be requested or assigned by the hour, while time off for salaried employees will be taken in full-day increments. We are planning to continue this monthly practice through February (40 hours total), but we will end it earlier, based on achievement of our business goals as we continue to manage our way through this recession.

Employees may also volunteer to take an extended seasonal sabbatical of 2 to 8 weeks off any time between October and January. During this extended leave, 15 percent of the salary or basic wages would be paid and health care coverage will continue.

By implementing these actions now — even as we have reason to be encouraged about the future — we help to improve our financial performance and our ability to protect more jobs today and in the months ahead.

We will continue to keep you updated as we make additional progress against our plan.

So we get a day off, and they are taking another 5%. Fine whatever......that's a little over 35% with pension freeze, 401K not being matched, health insurance increase, bonus takin away, and pay being decreased. Still, I haven't found a job that will pay after all these cuts. We have had four sups and SOM's leave the last 6 weeks. One left to go back to UPS part time?

5 months

I received copy of their email. They are being told to take 8 hours a month without pay from October through February. The can also extend their time off from 2 to 8 weeks and receive 15% of their pay and continue their benefits. Management must take full days off, while other non union employees can request by the hour.

So we get a day off, and they are taking another 5%. Fine whatever......that's a little over 35% with pension freeze, 401K not being matched, health insurance increase, bonus takin away, and pay being decreased. Still, I haven't found a job that will pay after all these cuts. We have had four sups and SOM's leave the last 6 weeks. One left to go back to UPS part time?
Just had a meeting with Labor Rep and during small talk he said "its the best game in town for him". Sucks but what ya gonna do. Still think we ALL should make a trip to Overland Park. I don't think for a minute it was all the economy. :Flame-On:

I think this all points to the 3rd quarter being a disaster. The flood hatches aren't holding! Time for all yes girls to work one week a month without pay. At least you'll still have a 3/4 job.

so true, look at all the b s announcemnets of enhanced services and then more cuts?..its all smoke and mirrors my friends..its a game and the banks are the pawns, keep showing them the 3 card monty..thell never figure it out, sad thing once again is management and salesman are leaving to the competiton..the salesman are taking accounts with them......dead men walking

Too bad you can't bump into Holland anythings got to be better than the POS's we have over here all ex Dugans management and they suck!! :eck13::nutkick:

They give up 1 day a month and I sit at home at least 2 days a week waiting for the board to turn. I know I should be happy. I get to sit around and wait for the phone to ring to get sent out for 3 day on lay down trips. To make a little over a minny every day.
I was told at 135 they can save there day and take the hole week off after 5 month. WOW now thats +++++++++++ Right