SAIA | Equipment Purchases

Brother Trucker

TB Regular
Credits
Rumor floating around the line drivers grapevine is that the family is buying some used equipment from the yellow/blue limping along machine. Any confirmation out there?

:chairshot: According to what I may have dreamed, the CD that was sent out may have stated buying new equipment. Don't know,I fell asleep listening to Sally

hopefully it's not tractors. trailers wouldn't be too bad, as long as they are not like the ex Star Transport trailers running around.

[quote author=beast link=topic=82578.msg854127#msg854127 date=1280762317]
I was told that we were not buying any new tractors for a while.
[/quote]

I suspect you are right on "new" from the manufacturer. There is a large amount of used power equipment out there that might find its way into the Saia fleet. We see bits and pieces now. The question is if not new, but "pre owned" then will it be single axle daycabs, tandem axle daycabs, sleepers or what?

Well If they are tractors, at least they will be red. Feel bad for them though. They won't be maintained at all now is Saia does buy them :chairshot:

whatever they buy I hope it finds its way out west we don't have many trucks that would pass a dot inspection, not to say what they buy would be better than what we have.

You're right about the sleepers. There are some in DLS that haven't made it to the auction yet. I guess when stuff starts showing up we'll then know the info was just more than a rumor. I've seen some 06 daycab Volvos that aren't spec'ed quite like what we are used to seeing. They entered the trucking world with a white coat of paint. I first thought they might have come from the newer parts of the company, but they were in too good of shape to come from there. (No offense meant to our Connection and MFS brethren).