Estes | Estes buys Knoxville Tn. Yellow terminal

They must have spent over $130,000,000 by now. I would imagine that's pocket change. I doubt Rob would drain the tank on questionable terminals as the economy gets worserwer and worserwer. (IMH0)

Thanks KD. How large is this one? They just keep poppin' up. I can't keep up.:shift:

The dock is the same size as the one we have now. The lot is real big. Almost twice as big as the one we have now plus a big drop yard behind it.

Word is they are going to upgrade the buildings and extend the dock by double the amount of doors which will put us at about 80 doors when work is done.

Anybody that has been to the terminal we're in now knows we out grew that thing years ago, it's not unusual to come in on a Sun. and have to move 3-4 sets to get yours dug out, so we are looking forward to more room for sure.

It's only 4-5 miles from our old terminal and has easier access from intersate also. Exit 110 of I-75, same exit as upsp Knox. terminal. It will be a lttle while before we move, contractors not started work on the re-model yet. I'll let all know when we get in there. TM and RM just went to look it over yesterday.

The dock is the same size as the one we have now. The lot is real big. Almost twice as big as the one we have now plus a big drop yard behind it.

Word is they are going to upgrade the buildings and extend the dock by double the amount of doors which will put us at about 80 doors when work is done.

Anybody that has been to the terminal we're in now knows we out grew that thing years ago, it's not unusual to come in on a Sun. and have to move 3-4 sets to get yours dug out, so we are looking forward to more room for sure.

It's only 4-5 miles from our old terminal and has easier access from intersate also. Exit 110 of I-75, same exit as upsp Knox. terminal. It will be a lttle while before we move, contractors not started work on the re-model yet. I'll let all know when we get in there. TM and RM just went to look it over yesterday.

Thats great. More room never hurts.I wish they would find us a spot down here.I think they are still leasing ours.We been here for almost 10 years. It's time I think.Maybe once all this is done, Mr. Estes will do something for us.It's a nice terminal, it just needs upgrading.Paving and such.

Mr estes

EITHER WAY YOU LOOK AT IT ESTES HAS CASH AT HAND AND IM SURE IF OTHER CARRIERS FALL THEY HAVE PLACED THEIR COMPANY IN A GREAT POSITION TO TAKE HOLD. I DONT WONT TO SEE OTHER CARRIERS FALL BUT IM GLAD TO BE AT ESTES DURING THE TURMOIL. :shift: DRIVE SAFELY BEERS ARE GOOD!!!

Importamt thread

THERE WILL BE AN IMPORTANT THREAD TOMOROW.SO STAY TUNED. :TR10driving03: IS TRUCKING A JOB OR JUST A HOBBY?? STAY OUT OF THE HAMMER LANE!!:TR10driving03::TR10driving03::eck13:

EITHER WAY YOU LOOK AT IT ESTES HAS CASH AT HAND AND IM SURE IF OTHER CARRIERS FALL THEY HAVE PLACED THEIR COMPANY IN A GREAT POSITION TO TAKE HOLD. I DONT WONT TO SEE OTHER CARRIERS FALL BUT IM GLAD TO BE AT ESTES DURING THE TURMOIL. :shift: DRIVE SAFELY BEERS ARE GOOD!!!

Thats a NOshitER

is this the drunk thread ????

I think it was last night after the midnight hour. It may be a good idea to have AA meetings once a month instead of saftey meetings. It seems we have more alcohalics working here than you can shake a stick at. I'll contact OSHA in the morning and see about setting up some classes. Who knows, I may become the regional AA manager. :captain:

Found out yesterday that this property is 10 acres+ verses the terminal we are in now is only 3.9 acres. So we would have more than double the room. Boy we need that!

Found out yesterday that this property is 10 acres+ verses the terminal we are in now is only 3.9 acres. So we would have more than double the room. Boy we need that!

Ok KD quit braggin' on your new terminal. Dog gone it we're starting to get jealous.Bigger terminal, more land, more parking, no pot holes, bla-bla -bla.Ya'll need another linehaul driver, I think I'm comin' to K'ville.Ya got a room out back, till I can find me a place.:biglaugh::biglaugh::dance:

Ok KD quit braggin' on your new terminal. Dog gone it we're starting to get jealous.Bigger terminal, more land, more parking, no pot holes, bla-bla -bla.Ya'll need another linehaul driver, I think I'm comin' to K'ville.Ya got a room out back, till I can find me a place.:biglaugh::dance:

You let me brag a little there Rman! ;)

Ya I got a room out back but you can't have it....only one hairy legged, pot bellied grouchy ole truck driver is all my family can stand...:eck13::biglaugh:

You let me brag a little there Rman! ;)

Ya I got a room out back but you can't have it....only one hairy legged, pot bellied grouchy ole truck driver is all my family can stand...:eck13::biglaugh:

You enjoy it KD. Ya'll deserve it. My wife always says, when we go up there, that when we retire, I'm going to have to get a cabin in the mountains. She always comments on the beauty of the Smokey's.