Estes | Estes buys Knoxville Tn. Yellow terminal

The smokeys are beautiful for sure, I hope ya'll get that mountain cabin she wants....:thumbsup:

I've been going up there since I was a kid. My Dad is from Ashford, N.C. Just north off 40, at Marion, N.C. Up by Linville Falls. I have 10 acres up there, thats still in the family that my grandmother left me. So maybe she will get that cabin. Don't know. We were both born and raised here,so we'll start taking a look at it in about 5 years.

I've been going up there since I was a kid. My Dad is from Ashford, N.C. Just north off 40, at Marion, N.C. Up by Linville Falls. I have 10 acres up there, thats still in the family that my grandmother left me. So maybe she will get that cabin. Don't know. We were both born and raised here,so we'll start taking a look at it in about 5 years.

I know that area and it's great! I've not been to Linville falls yet but you got me curious so I looked it up on the web and now I think I'll try to check it out the next time we go to Biltmore house.
Found some real nice pics of it.....

www.ncwaterfalls.com/lin1.htm

Boy, those pictures sure bring back memories. All my kids have been from top to bottom of the falls. To tell you an interesting story, my grandfather, in 1934 was offered the land in which Linville Falls is. The land itself was supposed to be a part of the expansion land to be given to the Cherokee Indians at that time as a part of the Reservation Treaty of 1924. My grandfather had timber rights on the mountain and cut timber to make cross-tyes for the Clinchville-Virginia Railroad. After the R/R was completed, no one ever used the mountain for anything.The land grant company at the county seat offered to sell the entire mountain to my grandfather for 23 cents per acre. He told them he had no use for it. My Dad was in the military at the time, stationed at Ft Polk, La., had no idea of the offer. He didn't find out until 2 years later. He liked to have had a cow.But, we still go see the falls from time to time and my kids make me tell that story every time we go.By the way, the Bureau of Indian Affairs never took claim to the land.