Estes | Estes Express confirms cyberattack

• Thread starter FreightWaves Staff
  • Start date
I know its put the hurt on them. Many a people told to stay home today. Hopefully the experts will figure it out and fix it. This hurts the workers pay check. I know they said we could use vacation but who wants to squander it on this.

Any smart IT manager should be fired at this point. You would think that any system would have an encrypted backup of every system.
Well I'm pretty sure they have multiple backups of systems however to actually contain the attack and keep it from repopulating after get one server cleaned up can be a completely different challenge. I'm going to take a wild guess and say this cyber attack is ransomware type of attack. I bet by now they have security consultants have been called in and law enforcement has been contacted. The ransomware that was on my previously employers IT system sat dormant for months before it actually began encrypting every file in their database. Copies of the malware was even located in the back drives that were both onsite and the offsite backup copies as well.

Its strange they have every safety whatnot on a tractor because they dont trust drivers to be safe i guess but nothing protecting the so called intelligence of the company. Who ever did this shut down every damn thing including the phone apps, and equipment tracking. Its mind boggling that nothing had some sort of back up or plan b or something. To all the new workers out there that just started i feel for you. Id like to think Estes would throw a little life line to help out their workers. You know a little emergency pay till things get back to normal and then maybe take a little out of the paychecks each week , but thats just wishful thinking.

Its strange they have every safety whatnot on a tractor because they dont trust drivers to be safe i guess but nothing protecting the so called intelligence of the company. Who ever did this shut down every damn thing including the phone apps, and equipment tracking. Its mind boggling that nothing had some sort of back up or plan b or something. To all the new workers out there that just started i feel for you. Id like to think Estes would throw a little life line to help out their workers. You know a little emergency pay till things get back to normal and then maybe take a little out of the paychecks each week , but thats just wishful thinking.
I think that’s what they’re doing… I don’t know specifics but I think they’re throwing a bone to those who don’t have the vacation time to burn… I ran about 1600 miles so I guess I’m not going to bitch but the office folks who couldn’t work and the extraboard drivers stuck at home all week need something…

I think that’s what they’re doing… I don’t know specifics but I think they’re throwing a bone to those who don’t have the vacation time to burn… I ran about 1600 miles so I guess I’m not going to bitch but the office folks who couldn’t work and the extraboard drivers stuck at home all week need something…
I hope this is true

Is everything back to normal after the cyberattack? I hope so as those criminals who are just trying to make an easy buck by trying to destroy a business just **** me off.

Is everything back to normal after the cyberattack? I hope so as those criminals who are just trying to make an easy buck by trying to destroy a business just **** me off.
Still making drivers take turns being off. Id say they will probably lose a few people if this stays like this. People still have to pay their bills.

Still making drivers take turns being off. Id say they will probably lose a few people if this stays like this. People still have to pay their bills.
If we’re just taking turns being off I can handle that… but running only one or two days a week is going to be hard to swallow if it goes on too long. I was fortunate, I got out and did ok last week, but not until Thursday night. I’m a Tuesday night start.