Estes | Estes express extra weekend work

Matt

Infamous “Beerboy”
Credits
we have been told no extra !!! at kansas city no weekend work !!!! but those contractors are in and out all weekend. what is the deal ??? are you guys seeing the same thing.... ::shit:: <<< is what it is i see

well maybe we have sooo much frieght we are just helping those hurting over the road outfits. [yeah right]
does VST have any Americans working for them ??

I don't like not being able to work the weekends either. It was the only time I could make up for not working during the week. Which, BTW, still happens.

Now we have 5 extra-board guys all starting on the same day. :duh:

This on top of Estes telling our pup load customers to go pound sand. Better to haul those trailers south empty than have someone pay you to take them south.

Was told by my TM that only a certain number of Extra-board drivers will be leaving out each Sunday. Each terminal should have received a number that will be leaving out. The rest of the drivers will leave on Monday if freight is available. Was told this is being done to keep the terminals on depending on Sunday drivers to move Monday due freight. Next day freight must be moved on Friday night.

Was told by my TM that only a certain number of Extra-board drivers will be leaving out each Sunday. Each terminal should have received a number that will be leaving out. The rest of the drivers will leave on Monday if freight is available. Was told this is being done to keep the terminals on depending on Sunday drivers to move Monday due freight. Next day freight must be moved on Friday night.

I never did think that last deal about everybody working M-F only would work.

I'm glad they are letting some of the extra guys start going back out Sunday night 'cause alot of 'em like it that way. I know I did when I ran E/B. That way I could go to church, get a nap, go out and be back in Friday night with the family. Works pretty good that way.

well maybe we have sooo much frieght we are just helping those hurting over the road outfits. [yeah right]
does VST have any Americans working for them ??
BB they didn't have any when they used to pull our pups,Of course they were supposed to be a team operation,,,I always saw the same guys with each tractor and they always looked exhausted,I think they were trying to pull the wool over OD's eyes,it worked for awhile.About 3 years ago OD stopped using them(VST)maybe they figured out what their liability might be if one of these guys fell asleep and took out a family in a minivan pulling our wagons.:smilie_132:

Hate to say it

Spent the majority of my weekends running extra board last summer. Man it was nice. Anyways, I can only speculate, but they must be puttin the contractors on long low revenue loads. Like someone in the thread said to keep the empty miles down. plus they cost less to run than us. :whistle:

Obama Who? :loser:

weekends

weekend work sucks. i work at estes prison five days a week, and that is enough. if they keep it voluntary you can have all you want. i would hate to see that mandatory crap start back up.

for the last ten years i have been on a mandatory list to work one wasted sunday a month to be on call to run. what cave have you been living in ?

for the last ten years i have been on a mandatory list to work one wasted sunday a month to be on call to run. what cave have you been living in ?

Gotta agree with the donut, BB, we had this list too, last year it came from linehaul and had your whole year planned out. Thing was (at least in our barn) you could switch and swap to your hearts content, nice and casual like. As long as LH had somebody available they didn't care what his/her name was.

Gotta agree with the donut, BB, we had this list too, last year it came from linehaul and had your whole year planned out. Thing was (at least in our barn) you could switch and swap to your hearts content, nice and casual like. As long as LH had somebody available they didn't care what his/her name was.

That's the way we did it to. I used to give my Sundays to the same couple of guys every time they came around.

One of our supers told me last night we had 26 extra loads Sat. morn. and still had 9 of 'em left Mon. night, that's alot for us cause we are not a big break bulk barn like 037 or 010 etc. So he figures that Richmond will lift that &quot;no extra weekend work&quot; rule pretty soon for road drivers but not for P/D.

well you guys are right if one night / one weekend a month is what we are talking about. i came from a company where every weekend was a must work weekend. so i laugh at this