Estes | estes express log rules ??

Matt

Infamous “Beerboy”
Credits
so this 60 mile an hour thing is tearing me up.
i will never sign something that says I'm "speeding" or in violation. now if its a 11 hr deal or a 70 hr deal then fine

but what if some drunk chick hits my back trailer and dies. her dad is a lawyer or has a buddy that's one. so they get my files and it shows I'm a "reckless" driver because of my "speeding" violations that Estes hands me every month.

am i looking too far into this or is this something to think about.

i log the way the dot says to do..... the way i run it. [63/64 mph]
forget Estes little whatevers they want us to do.

wouldn't me logging the 60 mph they want me to be falseifying my logs ?

be safe fellas and I WONT SIGN :clap:

It is against the law for your employer to require a certain speed to log. i almost never sign them if I do it states that there was no speeding violation beside my name.

Every trip is different. They had to pick a magical number for the computer that scans the logs. 60 mph was the lucky number. It doesn't mean your reckless if your within 10 mph just sign it and forgetaboutit until the fat rich lawyers daughter gets stuck up under your icc bumper.

Be careful about not signing a company document. They can terminate an employee for that. I wouldn't give them any idea's in this time of such a bad economy.

there is. you write it on the violation that you dont agree. i had a violation that said i didnt put manifest no. on my log, when i showed them a copy of my logs, they noted it on the paper that there were 8 different nos.

does this apply to these unsafe "saftey" violations ?? also are the guys that get thataboy no violations found getting wrote up for falsifying ???
see where i'm going
to say or condone falsifying
and then write up or "violate"
those that fallow the letter of the law.
maybe leave out the speeding part as long as its legal speeds within the state. 11 / 14 / 70 deal should be wrote up but the other i FEEL punishes me for fallowing the law
how would a lawyer like to see all of our log violations ???
trying to save us from what could be a problem in the future.

While we are on the logs subject. A friend of mine just called me and told me if your on duty hours total no more than 8.75 hours a day you can work every day without a 34 hour restart. Which is what he does. He works 7 days a week. I've never heard of this. I always thought the 34 hour thing was mandatory. :duh:

no you can old school drop the 7th day. the teamsters dont even use the 34 hour rule

Ya I wasn't saying anything bad about who does what I was just giving out information
be safe fellas tbb

From the way I understand it if company policy says 60mph is the rule than it's 60 mph you must do/log or you will be in violation of company policy. I believe the rule is set for insurance purposes, but I am not sure. I believe they even dispatch us based on 55-60 mph.

All monthly violations are kept in your record. If you have an accident and the "black box" shows you were doing 65, they can fire you at will for breaking company policy even though it may not have been your fault and there is nothing you can do about it.

Besides, if you have an accident and it's not your fault and someone is injured an/or killed, some shady lawyer can then sue not only the company but you yourself in a civil suit and take everything you own because you broke company policy. Whether they will win or not I do not know, but it can be hell.

I used to log it as I drove it, but not anymore. I got tired of getting those silly violations. Still, who drives 60 mph anyway? Not I that's for sure. I log 60 mph so I can stop getting those violations and I always log it at least 15 min earlier than I departed so I at least get to the terminal near the 60 mph rule.

For example, If it takes me 3hr 45min to do a run and I leave out at 8pm, I log it as leaving at 7:45 so I get to my destination in the 4 hr limit on my log.

It works for me and I don't get those silly violations anymore. However, I pray I do not have a serious accident where it will show that I was doing 66. I guess we takes our chances.

My question is has anybody ever seen it written down either by memo or in the company handbook? I don't remember seeing it or even hearing about it from corporate or a terminal manager.

Also, does anyone know of anyone getting terminated because they constantly logged it as they ran it? I don't, but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened.

hand in the log and tell the boss man this is how it turned out over or under. if he dont like tell him to drive the truck and let him log how he sees fit. you are captain of the ship when you leave.

they can't tell how fast you were driving by looking at your logs, and noone can tell you to log at a certian mph, that is the most ridiculuos thing I have ever heard, If you do that then your falsifying federal documents. The logbook is between you and the DOT noone else. And no company can make you or not make you take a 34 hour rstart.

they can't tell how fast you were driving by looking at your logs, and noone can tell you to log at a certian mph, that is the most ridiculuos thing I have ever heard, If you do that then your falsifying federal documents. The logbook is between you and the DOT noone else. And no company can make you or not make you take a 34 hour rstart.

We don't have to take a 34 hour restart. We just have to show a 34 hour restart. :27: