Estes | ESTES EXPRESS new information

Matt

Infamous “Beerboy”
Credits
Big robs new message have you heard it ? Layoffs will happen ! Good luck guys

Call the 800# to central and dial 3783 to listen to Mr. Big Rob himself and tell BB what you think it means! Guess for yourself. Get ready to take some Vay-K!

Another change is going to take place.......xtraborders will be Monday thru Friday done by seniority the first week then its first in first out. No more Sunday starts...... (In a couple of weeks). I look for them to cancell schedules also because no xtraboarders want to fill in for someone who is out because they don't want to return home and take the next 2-3 days off. It is also taking a long time to fill the trailers and too many drivers are complaining of the wait time. ....That's just my thoughts.

yeah sorry i was short in the start of this for i was on my blackberry and wanted to post it as soon as i heard it.

YEEESSSss !! but it sounds like we may try to keep most working. i will be worried about those big extra board terminals.

yes the cotevent and orange trucks too, in our yard yesterday

It will be just like last time when E lay offs came around. Your friends not working and some yaahoo who works for another company who can not hook a set taking our trailers on down the road.
ROB GET RID OF THE BS CONTRACTORS BEFORE YOU LAY OFF YOUR EMPLOYEES.
This makes me wonder. How many of these drivers I have helped out over the many years to hook thier sets. i am not paid for doing this and I will not again if anyone from our terminal is laid off. Oh what am I talking about they already have. I guess they will just have to manage on thier own

yeah dock and p&d people where whacked system wide but now I'm hearing that.. line haul is being cut down also ...

I've heard 9 in Louisville and 4 in st Louis as of today so I wouldn't be surprised if we see system wide line haul layoffs by Jan 1 or so..

also they are not issuing temp layoffs they are passing out rifts reduction in work force or some crap .. basically what it means is the only way you can come back is re apply which you would lose any standing time you had, vac days wages etc.. kind of :shit:ty if you ask me

yeah dock and p&d people where whacked system wide but now I'm hearing that.. line haul is being cut down also ...

I've heard 9 in Louisville and 4 in st Louis as of today so I wouldn't be surprised if we see system wide line haul layoffs by Jan 1 or so..

also they are not issuing temp layoffs they are passing out rifts reduction in work force or some crap .. basically what it means is the only way you can come back is re apply which you would lose any standing time you had, vac days wages etc.. kind of :shit:ty if you ask me

They are telling me the word is fired. They have the option to recieve unemployment and that is all. No such thing as a layoff at the big E. I still see full staff of secretaries and dispatcher's. ... Elvis you can steal this thread any time now.

Where have ya'll been. there 100 in 6 terminals.There will be more.As for as using vacation time he wants you to use it if you got it to help others. Not that i agree but if you look at it, it does make sense. I don't mind taking my turn, but, when I find out only 1 or 2 are willing to do it,thats what I have a problem with.

29 @ 010
9 @ 047
3 @ 073
4 @ 075
037,055 haven't weighed in yet. They expect around 50 from those guys.And that's only 6 or 7 terminals. Estimated total is 400. after all said and done.

They are telling me the word is fired. They have the option to receive unemployment and that is all. No such thing as a layoff at the big E. I still see full staff of secretaries and dispatcher's. ... Elvis you can steal this thread any time now.

We had dock and P&D drivers let go along with a couple from the office.. Linehaul soon to come I'm sure, as I will be one of them. Oh well

Reduction-in-Force (RIF) Act

Remember that stupid little re-written employee handbook about 3-4 months back you know the one you had to sign like 3 times and turn the pages in well that was a small part of what was required for them to put this to work so you figure they have been planing this for at least 6 month if not better.

I've been through this crap before at another crappy company.. if you don't want to take my word for it you can look up the info here Reduction-in-Force heres is where the handbooks came into play http://www.dgslaw.com/documents/articles/465545.PDF . I don't know maybe that will help you with it.

I know of employee's that re-hired within 12 month's and called human resources and got their pay they had and their seniority but they had to pull teeth. I know quite a few drivers that went above and beyond their expectations and really cared about the company and recently gotton $h!t on. They also found a way to take their last paycheck. It just makes me feel great as im trying to get the job done how much they appricated all I have done or all I will do in the years to come... At least im working...... right!..