Estes | ESTES EXPRESS new information

Where have ya'll been. there 100 in 6 terminals.There will be more.As for as using vacation time he wants you to use it if you got it to help others. Not that i agree but if you look at it, it does make sense. I don't mind taking my turn, but, when I find out only 1 or 2 are willing to do it,thats what I have a problem with.

29 @ 010
9 @ 047
3 @ 073
4 @ 075
037,055 haven't weighed in yet. They expect around 50 from those guys.And that's only 6 or 7 terminals. Estimated total is 400. after all said and done.
Are you sure about 010, I heard is was more like 9. 29 would be rough for any terminal to take.

Are you sure about 010, I heard is was more like 9. 29 would be rough for any terminal to take.

I'm pretty sure that 29 is right at 010 ,I know several from over there, but that is total people not just drivers. They got some on dock, office and shop also.
Ya gotta think too that they pulled about 25% of 010's break bulk out and put it in 017 a couple of weeks ago, so that would make work even tighter there than other terms.

I'm also hearing some talk about closing 010 and 017 and combining the two break bulks in a huge ex big R terminal that we have supposedly bought on I 85 somewhere between the two. A driver last night told me he knew of this big R terminal and said he thought it was about 40 miles north of Charlotte.
This has been mostly driver talk out of 010, so I don't know how serious to take it because things are really crazy there now.

I'm pretty sure that 29 is right at 010 ,I know several from over there, but that is total people not just drivers. They got some on dock, office and shop also.
Ya gotta think too that they pulled about 25% of 010's break bulk out and put it in 017 a couple of weeks ago, so that would make work even tighter there than other terms.

I'm also hearing some talk about closing 010 and 017 and combining the two break bulks in a huge ex big R terminal that we have supposedly bought on I 85 somewhere between the two. A driver last night told me he knew of this big R terminal and said he thought it was about 40 miles north of Charlotte.
This has been mostly driver talk out of 010, so I don't know how serious to take it because things are really crazy there now.
I don't know about closing 010,but, the moving of the break bulk is a done deal according to my inside source.:1036316054:

I don't know about closing 010,but, the moving of the break bulk is a done deal according to my inside source.:1036316054:

Ya, my source over in 010 told me that they moved about 25 to 30% of break bulk to 017 already and thats all for now. 010 will still be a break but they are going to stop any break stuff going south out of new england area in 017 now instead of letting it come on down to 010. 010 will still get break frieght headed in and out of mid-west and west. This was told to me by a supervisor out of 010. But that to I'm sure is subject to change.
I'm glad I'm not out of that terminal....stress levels running real high over there right now.

Here's how the changes have effected us in Harrisburg, at least dockwise. We now load 3 or 4 more points direct. Points that either went through 001 or that went through 010. These points are usually hooked with an 017 pup or an 010 pup. The majority of the freight we used to load to 010 to be broke there has now been moved to 017. Along with some of it now being sent through 014. There are still a few in the system that say 024 loads direct, but actually go through 010 still. They've given us 3 or 4 routing guides since the change. I guess they're still trying to balance out the freight. It's my understanding that 017 isn't near as big a terminal as 010 is. Yard and dock door wise. That's all hearsay. I'm sure a few of you can confirm or deny that. I can say that we've actually picked up freight going south now, that we didnt have before. I'm sure that if we hadn't gained the freight we've gained, things would be bare around 024. Who really knows. Hope everyone enjoys the weekend.:1036316054:

I'm not sure how many less doors 017 have less than 010 but just from being in both terms. many times, yard and dock wise 017 is about half the size as 010.

We had dock and P&D drivers let go along with a couple from the office.. Linehaul soon to come I'm sure, as I will be one of them. Oh well

Reduction-in-Force (RIF) Act

Remember that stupid little re-written employee handbook about 3-4 months back you know the one you had to sign like 3 times and turn the pages in well that was a small part of what was required for them to put this to work so you figure they have been planing this for at least 6 month if not better.

I've been through this crap before at another :shit:ty company.. if you don't want to take my word for it you can look up the info here Reduction-in-Force here's is where the handbooks came into play http://www.dgslaw.com/documents/articles/465545.PDF . I don't know maybe that will help you with it.

I worked for a company in Ca. that basically did the same,they made you sign a ton of papers without a lot of time to read or understand the reasoning behind them.A Lot of guys put (signed under duress) Don'T know if that would help or not but the guys that did that were either gotten rid of or suspended.I believe there was a thread about this subject awhile back.No matter what they call it you are still laid off.