Estes | Estes Express Specialized Division

davenport1

TB Lurker
Credits
can anybody tell me, if this side of Estes is any good. I have the opportunity of coming on board as an OTR driver. Also, do you know if I can become a linehaul driver after 1 yr of service as an OTR driver?
Thanks in advance,

I'm pretty sure you can just come right onto line haul as long as there's an opening. I did about 8 years ago with no experience. I don't know if things changed since then or not.

I'm pretty sure you can just come right onto line haul as long as there's an opening. I did about 8 years ago with no experience. I don't know if things changed since then or not.

You went right into linehaul with no experience????????? WOW!!!!!! Way to go ESTES. Really looking out for the safety of your drivers, and the commuting public. :1036316054::1036316054::1036316054: TE out....

You went right into linehaul with no experience????????? WOW!!!!!! Way to go ESTES. Really looking out for the safety of your drivers, and the commuting public. :1036316054::1036316054::1036316054: TE out....

Estes does not just put drivers out on the road they check the employee out and see if they are and will be a good asset to the co. And train them if they need it.
ruff ruff out :smilie_132:

Overnite hired me with only local flatbed experience. I told them I've never pulled a set before. The TM told me, "look at the rest of these idiots pulling them I'm sure it won't be hard to figure out." I will be willing to bet that things are the same at upsf.....By the way he mentioned the word.."DOCK"....so I didn't take the job.

so nothing in specific as far as the specialized division?
i'm sure i can get right into the linehaul division, for I have just over 1 yr experience in pulling doubles/triples (used to lease w/ Fedex Ground)
maybe i'll just wait for them to be hiring linehaul drivers in NC

specalized i know nothing about i know they have cool extended cab day cabs. i would love that ramp camping in style. because as an estes linehaul driver i have more than enough time to get where i need to go soo for some of the rough nights a nap is and will never be a problem !!! good luck and we all will be pullin for ya to work with the best LTL carrier !!

specalized i know nothing about i know they have cool extended cab day cabs. i would love that ramp camping in style. because as an estes linehaul driver i have more than enough time to get where i need to go soo for some of the rough nights a nap is and will never be a problem !!! good luck and we all will be pullin for ya to work with the best LTL carrier !!

specialized division is all sleeper trucks (the logo background is green instead of red). i talked to the recruiter and he said they start their OTR drivers at .41cpm with raises after 1 yr. He told me that most OTR drivers don't pull doubles but since I have the experience I might do it every once in a while. I would really love to go straight into a linehaul spot, but at least this gets me in the door and maybe after 1 yr I might be able to get into linehaul.

had a friend who worked for the specialized divison in durham,nc. he is now driving for heartland express. he told me that he didnt get any miles with estes truckload he said he was always holding a truck stop down somewhere. if i had to go over the road i would check with heartland express i beleive the play close to 50 cent per mile.

had a friend who worked for the specialized divison in durham,nc. he is now driving for heartland express. he told me that he didnt get any miles with estes truckload he said he was always holding a truck stop down somewhere. if i had to go over the road i would check with heartland express i beleive the play close to 50 cent per mile.

yeah heartland express might pay more for the mile, but Estes is a much better company overall.

You went right into linehaul with no experience????????? WOW!!!!!! Way to go ESTES. Really looking out for the safety of your drivers, and the commuting public. TE out....

to quote the great Papabear (aka me) ..... "you can teach an ape to drive a truck, if you don't beleive it just look around" .... no offence to Beerboy or Guardrail :hysterical: :smilie_132: :hide:

AAAAAAAA Nooooooo

we all will be pullin for ya to work with the best LTL carrier !![/QUOTE]

Now you must mean ABF, Yellow , Roadway ,Or Readyway.!!!:1036316054:

Because there is no way you are talking about estes.:chairshot::nutkick:

Mad Trucker working for the best. And Loving it

hell no

not laid off yet mad trucker ????

My friend I keep running out of hours. 3 trips a week. alot of delay pay:1036316054: And an awesome work environment. Also just got paid for a trip I did not take. They sent a junior man out instead of me. their mistake.:hysterical: Oh you don't get that.:chairshot: You just get f----d. best get a pan of lasagna together so you can get at the head of the line.:biglaugh:

Be safe Mad Trucker out

My friend I keep running out of hours. 3 trips a week. alot of delay pay:1036316054: And an awesome work environment. Also just got paid for a trip I did not take. They sent a junior man out instead of me. their mistake.:hysterical: Oh you don't get that.:chairshot: You just get f----d. best get a pan of lasagna together so you can get at the head of the line.:biglaugh:

Be safe Mad Trucker out

that sounds great . all that money wastin in in todays economy. awesome !!!! all the other drivers will be laid off with ya . you show em boy

Be safe Mad Trucker out

While ya'all are sitt'n around worrying about delay pay. I've just finished another near 600 mile day. No wast'n time looking for a set of pups to hook. just grab and go. Company making money... so am I. Thats the name of the game. It sounds like ya'all have a lot of folks with a high I.Q. score wherever it is your working.....Pay'n 2 folks for 1 run... "I aint never." Id be willing to bet that goes on a lot over there. Anyhow big money Rob just raised his freight rates again. Superior carrier at a superior price.

Rob just raised his freight rates again. Superior carrier at a superior price.[/QUOTE]

Good that wiil drive customers to ya:chairshot:

While ya'all are sitt'n around worrying about delay pay. I've just finished another near 600 mile day. No wast'n time looking for a set of pups to hook. just grab and go. Company making money... so am I. Thats the name of the game. It sounds like ya'all have a lot of folks with a high I.Q. score wherever it is your working.....Pay'n 2 folks for 1 run... "I aint never." Id be willing to bet that goes on a lot over there. Anyhow big money Rob just raised his freight rates again. Superior carrier at a superior price.

Somebody needs to be given the little bottle to pee in. You all need to start previewing your posts just to see how silly they are. This kind of poo poo isn't even worth a good debate.