Estes | Estes Purchase of YRC Terminals IS HEAVENLY!!

I am going to listen to my son, the beerboy. Rhondasboy you want to kiss and make up? I'd like to extend a hand in friendship. What a ya say? You ready?:ShakeHandsNah: That's funny right there. I don't care who you are. :beerchug: Here, here to all the Estes drivers. I know some hate me and some love me. It's all good. At least we are all working, and that's all that matters. TE out....

You LISTEN to no one:nutkick:

well its not an attack...its a debate
i think this is what get guys in trouble. they take it personally. you can't these are just words made up by steering wheel holders with fake names.
soo,,, to get excited when benny hill says beer boy loves fat gay men [elvis] it should not matter
and it doesn't. because its all not true
its what benny hill thinks. and who cares right ??
go to the holland fourm and tell him that :biglaugh::nutkick:
[good luck] [have a good vacation]

the real deal here guys is lightin up TRUCKING BOARDS IS FOR FUN AND SOME GOOD INFORMATION. MAYBE IF YA CHILL OUT
YOU MAY MEET A PAL OR TWO

:smilie_132: tbb

PS ELVIS IS A GOOD GUY AND HES MY DAD

You POOR man. SSSSHHHH Keep that a secret

Originally Posted by thebeerboy

the real deal here guys is lightin up TRUCKING BOARDS IS FOR FUN AND SOME GOOD INFORMATION. MAYBE IF YA CHILL OUT
YOU MAY MEET A PAL OR TWO

I mentioned meeting up with you when I was going to your barn and what did you do to me???? Remember???

well was you being a manager or a person ??? if i recall that comment was made right after i got in your a s s . so takin the whole situation i took it as a threat. but thats ok you cried to the powers to be and your here .... calling out mods

who's kidding who about debt. i quote from the article:
"The deal is expected to generate additional cash for the company, which currently holds more than $250 million in cash."
don't forget the sale of excess equipment

excess equipment at YRC is nothing but scrap,or haven't you noticed the tractors / trailers they run on the street

which currently holds more than $250 million in cash."

That may sound like alot of cash but the payroll and fuel will eat that up in a heartbeat. Running at a 116% OR will help eat it up even faster.

now figure in payments on loans, electric,phones,supplys and so on.

All this is happening is that estes gave Yrc a loan and there using the terminals as colateral, if YRC defaults which is more and more likely as news comes out everyday, then estes is left holding all of these terminals that aren't worth that much in this market.

Estes took a risk to help save yrc for some reason.

All this is happening is that estes gave Yrc a loan and there using the terminals as colateral, if YRC defaults which is more and more likely as news comes out everyday, then estes is left holding all of these terminals that aren't worth that much in this market.

I agree on what you are saying except for the risky part.

You stated those terminals are'nt worth much, but you gotta remember most of those old terminals are in prime locations were property is rare. Some of those terminals are very big with 100+ doors. On top of that Estes got them at bargain basement prices due to the situation of yrc and the real estate market being depressed right now also.

So if they do default we can use those terminals to grow our operation or lease them to another company, which ever suits our needs. Either way it's win-win with a very low risk factor.

Believe me, Mr. Estes is a very conservative business man and would'nt have done this if it was risky. He and his Dad have grown this company slow and easy. That's why we are in such a good position during this economic slow-down.

As the preacher says Overnite, " Oh ye of little faith". Imagine if you will, YRC goes under, all the terminals become Estes terminals, if it went down like you say.

1. YRC is not going down. If YRC goes down, can you imagine what that would do to the economy. 40+ thousand employees out of work. They might apply for restructure, not out of business. Another GM perhaps. CEO,gone.

2. If they do, Estes holds the deed to all the terminals they purchased. Economy levels out, property value increases, Estes has updated their terminals.

Estes has worked with carriers since our existance. You know , the Washington thing(you need me,I need you thing) for years now. It's beneficial to both parties.My brother, I hope I'm right and you're wrong, cause if you're right, it's going to be shear pandamonium. I'll assure you, NO one will be "dancing in the streets" if YRC fails. So. keep your chin up. and remember, the person we celebrated yesturday will always be with you.He does love all of us.

excess equipment at YRC is nothing but scrap,or haven't you noticed the tractors / trailers they run on the street

I feel the need to comment. Not all of the corporate owned equipment is "scrap", as you refer to it.
The division I work for has constantly updated all equipment, straight trucks, forklifts and has some of the newest and modern terminals in any system. My assigned tractor is a new Volvo of which we have purchased many over the last 2 years. I have watched as every year we get hundreds of replacement new trailers and retire the older units. Every new or rebuilt terminal in our system has stand-by axillary power so we never shut down in the event of a power outage. The power units all have hand held communication devices to transmit pick-ups and delivery's. As for the other divisions I know they have also received some new equipment too. Street or city units don't need to be new and most older companies use the equipment that is not road worthy for city peddle use.
Don't knock us out yet, there is still a glimmer of light at the end of the tunnel, we may bounce back stronger, leaner and better able to compete with any carrier in operation today.

Is it just me or is there anyone else that realizes this practice between Estes and YRC is NOTHING new, Its all been done before with the relationship between Estes and YRC.

Where are all the yrc trucks? I very seldom see any. I'm told if yrcw went under we would only get a fraction of the accounts they have because we are not even close to the size of the company they are. I see twice as many of our ugly trucks going up and down the highway.

Where are all the yrc trucks? I very seldom see any. I'm told if yrcw went under we would only get a fraction of the accounts they have because we are not even close to the size of the company they are. I see twice as many of our ugly trucks going up and down the highway.

They're in the paint shop,man. Oops, I let the cat out of the bag. Remember, if the Tatalia's and the Gambino's ask questions, I know nothing.

Heard last night we bought some more terminals. Don't know where yet. Also 200 trucks from Ryder. 100 sleepers and 100 day cabs.Supposed to be 33 million dollars spent to purchase terminals.