XPO | Ever think back?

micro brew

TB Veteran
Credits
This is really random but a song just made me think back. I'm off tonight for HOS after running Sunday and a song - Photograph by Nickelback just made me think of my past a little. I dated this girl from when I was 16 till I was 23 and still think of her often even though it's gone - anyone else ever get that feeling? In some ways it feels like I was with her yesterday but started working here 30 years ago - hard to believe I've worked here for over six years now.

Sometimes it's hard but I love thinking back - I've had one hell of a life so far..

This is really random but a song just made me think back. I'm off tonight for HOS after running Sunday and a song - Photograph by Nickelback just made me think of my past a little. I dated this girl from when I was 16 till I was 23 and still think of her often even though it's gone - anyone else ever get that feeling? In some ways it feels like I was with her yesterday but started working here 30 years ago - hard to believe I've worked here for over six years now.

Sometimes it's hard but I love thinking back - I've had one hell of a life so far..

kind of like thinking back when we had lots of benifits and pention and wre cared about..... naw... never think back.... only ahead....

Had a girl friend like that. Thought about her just the other day. Wondered how she is doing. Probably would still be with her if it weren't for her problem with smoking a green leafy substance. That was 25 years ago or better................Just before I came to work here. 24 years and dragging.

Had a girl friend like that. Thought about her just the other day. Wondered how she is doing. Probably would still be with her if it weren't for her problem with smoking a green leafy substance. That was 25 years ago or better................Just before I came to work here. 24 years and dragging.

Holy hell driver - I was 4 or 5 when you started here. I just always find it crazy how some things seem so long ago yet some things feel like they happened yesterday even though it was about the same time. It seems like I was with her yesterday but it was thirty years ago that I had no uniform and was giving line-haul drivers the piece count instead of the actual door number on the last breaker of the night - someone finally figured out that like 4 door shouldn't be getting that much freight. I'm pretty sure a few line-haul drivers wanted to kick my butt..lol..

Cool topic, I just had to post the NICKELBACK youtube video for you. :thumbsup:
It's always fun to reflect on the past, both positive, negative, professional and personal.
1st girlfriend was 10 years which I thought was forever. You never forget the first and I still think of her. We left in good terms.
Since this is a Con-way forum, Con-way was my first ever trucking job.
In a trucking way, I am who I am because of them.
Through the years, they helped me get a house, a few cars and all it's contents. I will never forget Con-way.

Last edited by a moderator:
I ran into an old girlfriend a while back at a bar. We sat and shot the breeze for hours like it was only yesterday since I had seen her, not 18 years. She gave me a kiss goodbye and a lot of friends were eyeballin me for a while so I thought it was a real smart idea to cut it off at the pass and tell my wife about seeing her. BAD IDEA!!!!!!!!:argue:

YOu did what? and then told?? Crazy man LOL!! I'd give your wife about 15 years or so get over that one :ranting: :hyper:

I ran into an old girlfriend a while back at a bar. We sat and shot the breeze for hours like it was only yesterday since I had seen her, not 18 years. She gave me a kiss goodbye and a lot of friends were eyeballin me for a while so I thought it was a real smart idea to cut it off at the pass and tell my wife about seeing her. BAD IDEA!!!!!!!!:argue:

Oh man - I've was ignored for a few days by a former girlfriend when she found out I had a phone conversation with my long time ex. That can be touchy stuff - in fact, my last two girlfriends were not happy with me for this. Oh well.

YOu did what? and then told?? Crazy man LOL!! I'd give your wife about 15 years or so get over that one :ranting: :hyper:
Ha! It was purely innocent but it was a regular watering hole for us and I knew word would get back to her by the way people were watching me! Figured I would breeze right through it! She actually threatened divorce after that one! I told her if she threw the papers I would sign them. She calmed down after she realized I wasnt going to play games with her!

Ha! It was purely innocent but it was a regular watering hole for us and I knew word would get back to her by the way people were watching me! Figured I would breeze right through it! She actually threatened divorce after that one! I told her if she threw the papers I would sign them. She calmed down after she realized I wasnt going to play games with her!

Tell me though, how would you feel if it were her at a bar talking to an old boyfriend? Would you be understanding?

Tell me though, how would you feel if it were her at a bar talking to an old boyfriend? Would you be understanding?
Wouldnt bother me a bit. I guess over the years of being a truck driver and being gone from home alot, especially at night, I have long since lost the jealous bone. If its going to happen its going to happen. If I lost my sense of trust then we would be in trouble! Thats just me though.

Wouldnt bother me a bit. I guess over the years of being a truck driver and being gone from home alot, especially at night, I have long since lost the jealous bone. If its going to happen its going to happen. If I lost my sense of trust then we would be in trouble! Thats just me though.

Yeah, I feel the same way you do to an extent. Never assume things are okay and be sure to reassure your wife/girlfriend that you do care. If you come off to much like "whatever happens, happens" you just might driver her off. Show you care for her driver. Now, I do know if she went out to the watering hole and was hanging with the girls and met an old flame, you might throw a spark or two. It is a man's nature to protect his herd.

Herd? Mooooooooooo!!!!!!!! LOL!! :rofl2::rofl2: And you full of....er.... the stud bull?? If my husband didn't have at least SOME jealous then I'd be wondering why.
Yeah, I feel the same way you do to an extent. Never assume things are okay and be sure to reassure your wife/girlfriend that you do care. If you come off to much like "whatever happens, happens" you just might driver her off. Show you care for her driver. Now, I do know if she went out to the watering hole and was hanging with the girls and met an old flame, you might throw a spark or two. It is a man's nature to protect his herd.

Herd? Mooooooooooo!!!!!!!! LOL!! :rofl2::rofl2: And you full of....er.... the stud bull?? If my husband didn't have at least SOME jealous then I'd be wondering why.

Yes, herd! I am trying to gather as many as possible myself. So far, I have been able to gather one. She won't let me gather any more. I guess I will just have to keep them in different corrals!:rofl2:

And yes, I am thinking that a partner should show a little interest in the other, doesn't really have to be called jealous but let's say "interest". :whistling:

Update..

Unreal.. Went out with the only former girlfriend I have that I can say was a real loss.. It was honestly like we never parted ways and all I can say is damn.. I just had the best 2 days I've had in a while and hope this keeps going.. Only time will tell but damn - I could not think of anything better than her.. Wish me luck..

Update..

Unreal.. Went out with the only former girlfriend I have that I can say was a real loss.. It was honestly like we never parted ways and all I can say is damn.. I just had the best 2 days I've had in a while and hope this keeps going.. Only time will tell but damn - I could not think of anything better than her.. Wish me luck..

Good luck and many happy returns!:thumbsup:

Dude, she's wife material.. I got it bad right now.. Thanks for the kind words though..

It is all good. Funny to see a big tough truck driver all smitten and in love. Well, I don't know how it will all work out but being happy is what it is all about. So much drama and pain in the world, happy every now and then is good therapy! Good luck!

Update..

AND, you are not calling her a chica.........