AAA Cooper | Ever thought about the Teamsters?

Dick Dastardly

Drat, Double Drat, and Triple Drat!
Credits
I spoke with one of your drivers today. He was telling me you all still make straight time for all hours worked and were $2 or more behind the competition in pay?

We had an in depth discussion about insurance as well and how lacking it was in coverage for the price. Being owned now by such a large corporation, and watching them spend in the hundreds of millions on purchases, (800 million recently for US Xpress) aren’t you guys a little upset?

Why not stand up and demand more? Strike while the iron is hot, so to speak. They obviously have the money to spend. You are no longer a little podunk carrier from Alabama it’s time to be paid like the major player you are.

No, it isn't something to laugh about at all. I just don't get why someone would suggest unionizing right on the heels of the IBT helping put a huge company out of business. And note I said "helping", there is plenty of blame to go around. Also remember the Teamsters had representation on that BOD, so they were part of the mismanagement.

No, it isn't something to laugh about at all. I just don't get why someone would suggest unionizing right on the heels of the IBT helping put a huge company out of business. And note I said "helping", there is plenty of blame to go around. Also remember the Teamsters had representation on that BOD, so they were part of the mismanagement.
Not exactly true, the Teamsters recommended board members, who don't look out for the Teamsters, but for the shareholders, because that is what members of the board are required to do......

Not exactly true, the Teamsters recommended board members, who don't look out for the Teamsters, but for the shareholders, because that is what members of the board are required to do......
And that is not exactly true. The Teamsters are guaranteed two recommended members on the BOD. Why would they be there if not to consider the welfare of the IBT? And of course they look out for the shareholders because that is what every publicly traded business does from top to bottom, whether they know it or not.
And that hardly answers the main idea of my post, which is why would anyone want to be organized by the IBT with the events of the last few months? The acrimonious tweets, a company going under, just all around ugliness. And note that I don’t hold the company blameless in this. Far from it. I just think my initial response is what would likely be the most common response if someone suggests organizing any trucking company right now.

Just my 2cents for what it worth yellow had allot of problems from management, to union relationship, to equipment, to drivers,
You can not expect that you will be profitable with truck spending 2 hrs to get worked on before leaving the yard , drivers that work at a turtles pace and milk the clock, lack of enough drivers to move your freight so you bring it halfway across the country only to give trailer loads away for the last mile and do a 60/40 split. Not to mention cheap ass service. All of those combined would kill any company not saying everyone but believe me allot. When you have a yrc truck and holland truck in the same dock picking up freight its not profitable and it seamed like hawkins had that right at least but the union did not want change and and here we are. Tume to hang up the blame game.

And that is not exactly true. The Teamsters are guaranteed two recommended members on the BOD. Why would they be there if not to consider the welfare of the IBT? And of course they look out for the shareholders because that is what every publicly traded business does from top to bottom, whether they know it or not.
And that hardly answers the main idea of my post, which is why would anyone want to be organized by the IBT with the events of the last few months? The acrimonious tweets, a company going under, just all around ugliness. And note that I don’t hold the company blameless in this. Far from it. I just think my initial response is what would likely be the most common response if someone suggests organizing any trucking company right now.
Nope, you don't get to tell me that your initial response was a common response about someone suggesting organizing another trucking company right now...you said, and I quote "How did that work out for the 22,000 people at Yellow! LOL.". Yellow was already organized so anyone who can read would know it wasn't about organizing....and the "LOL" on the end means laugh out loud, so you were in fact laughing about the 22,000 Teamsters losing their jobs....to your credit you did back track later, but that is what I got from your original post...possibly you didn't mean it all this way, but it isn't what you said...hard to know when you only have 5 posts or so...

Do you work at Cooper?

I spoke with one of your drivers today. He was telling me you all still make straight time for all hours worked and were $2 or more behind the competition in pay?

We had an in depth discussion about insurance as well and how lacking it was in coverage for the price. Being owned now by such a large corporation, and watching them spend in the hundreds of millions on purchases, (800 million recently for US Xpress) aren’t you guys a little upset?

Why not stand up and demand more? Strike while the iron is hot, so to speak. They obviously have the money to spend. You are no longer a little podunk carrier from Alabama it’s time to be paid like the major player you are.
Get lost dude.

Because no one wants you union thugs around. You put every company you organize out of business. There are TWO LTL union carriers left. TWO! Out of how many dozens? Union greed brought them all down.

Plus, unions literally came straight out of Karl Marx and his communist ideals. Unions are anti American and anti free market. Not to mention all the criminals and gangsters who have populated your glorified street gang over the years. What decent human would want to associate with people who killed in the name of their little club because they DARE to work without the unions permission?

Before you even reply, don't dare try to refute what I said, I'll start posting links of all the TEAMSTER crimes that have been committed.

That’s funny considering the reaction from most of your drivers when I pass out literature. I might come stand out in front of your gate next and educate the drivers.

After Yellow i dont think the Union will have much luck at any trucking company coming to them. Not saying it was the Unions fought but the whole national coverage of it and 32000 people losing their jobs just leaves an unpleasant image. Whether it was Yellows mis management or what ever the picture was not a good image and probably scares a lot of people who want to keep their jobs. Some places will just close the doors if they hear Union talk.