Estes | Ex employee stealing loaded trailers?

teamster elvis

TB Veteran
Credits
Heard some fully loaded trailers were heisted from Arizona and California. Heard corporate suspects current employee/employees, or ex employee/employees. Heard an Estes truck was involved. Sounds like someone knew what they were doing. Supposedly Home Depot freight was taken, appliances etc. Not good. Why would an ex employee be so vindictive? T Elvis out....

Times are tough out there!!! It could of been anyone driving the truck ... even a over the boarder alien, trying to make a profit. They will get caught sooner or later, cause they will try again... they got away with it this time.

not sure about all the ltls, but conway has trucks who dont take keys, just flip switch and push button. and many new ones that key doesnt come out,like it is glue in. always thought anyone who could drive a truck could go in their yard and take a truck and trailer. they did have this happen a lot of times with full loads of dell computers.

Heard some fully loaded trailers were heisted from Arizona and California. Heard corporate suspects current employee/employees, or ex employee/employees. Heard an Estes truck was involved. Sounds like someone knew what they were doing. Supposedly Home Depot freight was taken, appliances etc. Not good. Why would an ex employee be so vindictive? T Elvis out....

You got an alibi???:biglaugh:

I swear to God they told me it was for a new terminal in CABO.Damn,that sucks ,the layover was a hoot.And Aliens landed across the border,when the heck did that happen.

Slopway, what terminals did that with the keys?? And what trucks didn't need a key? That's dumb on Conway's part. All of the trucks in my husband's area don't have keys left in nor do any start without a key.

guys be careful posting where and what trucks do or don't take keys at any company. lets not make it too easy for the thieves. I don't want truckingboards to be a place to go where to find an easy heist at Conway or Estes. THANKS VWAGGS WAY TO LOOK OUT MY FRIEND !!!!!

I really believe nearly all of the stolen trailers are an inside operation. Trailers had been stolen with high dollar freight on them and trucks were used with the key missing from it's secret hiding place. It may be a former employee but i'd bet someone knows the trailer number to tell him to get. I remember a trailer with over $100,000's of freight on it stolen in broad daylight with everyone working.

How do we know it's a former employee? How do we know who it is?Unless you know facts I wouldn't say much.

All freight lines have this happen. Even the lavish one's like UPS Freight,right E.

How do we know it's a former employee? How do we know who it is?Unless you know facts I wouldn't say much.

All freight lines have this happen. Even the lavish one's like UPS Freight,right E.

The facts I know is 1 trailer with very expensive freight. Just loaded and stolen with a drivers truck that just finished his run. Someone knew that truck wasn't going to be going out for another 10-15 hours. The key was missing under the hood where he hides his spare. The trailer was bunched side by side with 50 others just like it. Maybe some stranger off the street knew exactly which truck no one uses during p&d hours. Maybe he knew where the key was under the hood. Maybe he just took a wild guess and hit the jackpot with the trailer he randomly selected.

The facts I know is 1 trailer with very expensive freight. Just loaded and stolen with a drivers truck that just finished his run. Someone knew that truck wasn't going to be going out for another 10-15 hours. The key was missing under the hood where he hides his spare. The trailer was bunched side by side with 50 others just like it. Maybe some stranger off the street knew exactly which truck no one uses during p&d hours. Maybe he knew where the key was under the hood. Maybe he just took a wild guess and hit the jackpot with the trailer he randomly selected.

Yea,Yea Yea and maybe the tooth fiery is real. Now that's a case where it could have and all the notables point to being an inside job.

But, this is not uncommon for the trucking industry.Even in good times. Certain folks see the chance to get ahead or try to,and get involved in something like this. You and I and every other stiff on here can't afford to get caught doing this crap.You go to jail,cause you're gonna get caught,then who's going to take care of your family then.

Good post by Elvis,I know his intentions were genuine,but his happens everyday.They have plenty insurance to cover it.Bad guy gets caught,Estes prosecutes,he goes to jail for a very long time.And we set around a wait for it to happen again so we can talk about it again.

Med time.Gotta go. Be safe.Be careful.

theft is a problem in all trucking companies. at USF Dugan we had Harleys disappearing from time to time

well a tornado in okc stole one and threw it through a mobile home 3 miles away we found that one