XPO | Ex ODFL VP joins XPO

Huh, things might get interesting down the road. If this new "former" OD exec. see's areas that can be improved upon, by using methods that have worked well for OD. As example, they could try using wild drivers and/or possibly using team drivers for linehaul ops. I don't see city making any sort of operational changes though. Just my 2 cents worth..

XPO really found an outstanding COO. I met Dave when he was OD's Central Region VP we found him to be personable, truthful, and a hands on executive (the fact he made T/M's nervous was a bonus) I'm happy to see he's landed the top job at XPO after OD opted to put a finance guy as their COO.

XPO really found an outstanding COO. I met Dave when he was OD's Central Region VP we found him to be personable, truthful, and a hands on executive (the fact he made T/M's nervous was a bonus) I'm happy to see he's landed the top job at XPO after OD opted to put a finance guy as their COO.
Plemmons was not and never was a finance guy.

Hopefully it’s a positive. Xpo has been wanting to be an O/D clone for years . Still the main underlying problem is driver hiring and retention And not only that but hiring quality employees.

I just hope that this new guy with change the whole mentality going on. Like having management start holding people accountable for the actions. Going after the lazy milkmen and the snoozers.

That's the secret...use your employees as your bank! Management will retire millionaires with pension and 401, and the rest of us will retire with bad backs, knees and shoulders with a $hit retirement, while they're playing 18 holes 2x or 3x a week at the country club. The terminals are disgusting, the yards are disgusting, and yes they are investing in equipment but that is only because they found out how much it really costs to maintain old rusty wore out junk equipment.
The help they hire is, for the most part, pathetic. Truck driver school? What a joke. Kids and 35 year olds. At 35 y.o. you think you might want to be a truck driver?
How about "I need a truck, but It has to be a AUTO SHIFTER"! And then theres the trucking lobby trying to get the politicians to change the laws so 18 year olds can drive truck. Why? Again so they can pay less and offer even worse benefits (how many 18 year olds give a crap about benefits). I've said it before, THERE ISN'T ANY TRUCK DRIVER SHORTAGE, ONLY A SHORTAGE OF COMPANIES WILLING TO OFFER A GOOD COMPENSATION PACKAGE FOR BEATING UP YOUR BODY FOR 40 YEARS! And that includes a PENSION and QUALITY HEALTHCARE. Then, and only then, will you have a waiting list of EXPERIENCED, QUALITY DRIVERS. FDNM

:icon dance::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:
That's the secret...use your employees as your bank! Management will retire millionaires with pension and 401, and the rest of us will retire with bad backs, knees and shoulders with a $hit retirement, while they're playing 18 holes 2x or 3x a week at the country club. The terminals are disgusting, the yards are disgusting, and yes they are investing in equipment but that is only because they found out how much it really costs to maintain old rusty wore out junk equipment.
The help they hire is, for the most part, pathetic. Truck driver school? What a joke. Kids and 35 year olds. At 35 y.o. you think you might want to be a truck driver?
How about "I need a truck, but It has to be a AUTO SHIFTER"! And then theres the trucking lobby trying to get the politicians to change the laws so 18 year olds can drive truck. Why? Again so they can pay less and offer even worse benefits (how many 18 year olds give a crap about benefits). I've said it before, THERE ISN'T ANY TRUCK DRIVER SHORTAGE, ONLY A SHORTAGE OF COMPANIES WILLING TO OFFER A GOOD COMPENSATION PACKAGE FOR BEATING UP YOUR BODY FOR 40 YEARS! And that includes a PENSION and QUALITY HEALTHCARE. Then, and only then, will you have a waiting list of EXPERIENCED, QUALITY DRIVERS. FDNM