XPO | Exercise???

Lost Cause

TB Lurker
Credits
Without getting personal and putting out names, how many of you drivers workout &/or eat right?? Reason I'm asking, and it might be me...but, I seem to see recently, an influx of drivers getting a bit out of shape. I understand that previous injuries/surgeries have slowed people down and as you get older your metabolism slows down. What I don't understand is the increase that I have seen recently of drivers struggling with weight. I ONLY bring this up out of genuine concern for my fellow drivers. When they constantly struggle to get into the truck, hook their set, work the dock etc...I worry about those individuals. Just curious is all.

Personally, I don't workout. I'm very active though. Biking, softball, hiking, hunting, work and rock climbing. Not to mention tree trimming and removals once in a while (Tree Climber). But when I was younger, I used to race motorcycles professionally, and my trainer put me on a 10,000 calorie a day diet to help me gain weight. After six months of a very strict diet I had gained 1 pound. My trainer and family doctor stated that my metabolism is off their charts. Stands to reason I'm 6'1 and I only weigh 178 pounds and at age 34.

Wow, as many people that have read this thread, one would think that there would be more votes or posts. Oh well.

I lost 90 pounds in 1 year. gym 2 hours a day, running, ruck marching and not eating the stuff I like. I started in July of last year. The guy's who know me will tell you I was a pretty big boy.

I lost 90 pounds in 1 year. gym 2 hours a day, running, ruck marching and not eating the stuff I like. I started in July of last year. The guy's who know me will tell you I was a pretty big boy.

Congrats:1036316054:! Good for you gov! Glad to hear you are doing well with it.

poundage

i lost 125 pounds in about 2 hours at the divorce court.

He was a fatty. Double maybe triple chinned. His gut was a crumb collector.
That was than, now he is a highly motivated Mean Green Killing Machine defending our freedom.

Gov just improved his quality of life by losing weight. I bet he feels real good.

Doppler

What the hell took 2 hours..??

She Wins, you lose, you're screwed....

see, all of about 3 seconds...

Sounds like someone is trying to justify their job...

Unless you're going to tell me it was an hour to and from the courthouse...

He was a fatty. Double maybe triple chinned. His gut was a crumb collector.
That was than, now he is a highly motivated Mean Green Killing Machine defending our freedom.

Gov just improved his quality of life by losing weight. I bet he feels real good.
The real reason I did it was so we could put more freight on. 90 to 100 pounds could be one more shipment.:1036316054:

Im a real bad azz

I usually run 8 miles when I get off my linehaul run. Then I go to the gym for about 2 hours and lift the weights. I now max out on my bench press at 380lbs. Im sure Im the baddest Conway driver out there. I like to stay in tip top shape cause it makes me a better employee. Im able to move more freight per hour than any other employee. I have lots of star cards to prove it. If all you other drivers had the same workout regime I have, we could take this company to the next level.

On the road all week,I try to accomplish 30 minutes of walking and 100 situps per day minimum.Trying to keep that metabolism up is a huge chore for a road driver...