Experience Requirements

MOOSE KNUCKLE

TB Lurker
Credits
Was wondering if anyone knew off the top of their head if LTLs hire in metro Detroit with less than 1 year experience. Currently driving OTR with a good company but really would like to be near home. I had a lot of LTL companies call me without experience after getting my CDL. Wasnt sure if they werent reading my app/resume, or just hurting for drivers as well. Line haul would be an ideal start. I drive a 2015 peterbilt 579 10 spd right now.

Was wondering if anyone knew off the top of their head if LTLs hire in metro Detroit with less than 1 year experience. Currently driving OTR with a good company but really would like to be near home. I had a lot of LTL companies call me without experience after getting my CDL. Wasnt sure if they werent reading my app/resume, or just hurting for drivers as well. Line haul would be an ideal start. I drive a 2015 peterbilt 579 10 spd right now.
i'd say just go knocking on some doors. if you have 1 year now, that ought to be good enough for line haul, or city work. try it.