XPO | explosion at xcw terminal

INewIt2

TB Lurker
Credits
Anybody hear what really happened at the cold water terminal? I heard there was a haz-mat spill which caused a small explosion which is why the reship was closed last night. Thanks to that i had to run Gary Hammond.
I love xcw, it makes me happy
J.N

The way I understand it is during the reship on Thursday night there was a hazmat spill of a toxic chemical. It was put into a salvage drum and started to ferment. During the daytime reship it blew it's cork. Somebody in management at the night reship should be in alot of trouble over this one. Seems like to me the hazmat team should of been called in.

The way I understand it is during the reship on Thursday night there was a hazmat spill of a toxic chemical. It was put into a salvage drum and started to ferment. During the daytime reship it blew it's cork. Somebody in management at the night reship should be in alot of trouble over this one. Seems like to me the hazmat team should of been called in.

Haz-mat team was called in. I'm sorry to report that those on-duty representing your employer did nothing in error.

A dangerous reminder as to the importance of handling haz-mat right the first time... employees and contractors

secure it, protect it

Oh say it aint so, not problems in(Howard) land!:bowdown:
Anybody hear what really happened at the cold water terminal? I heard there was a haz-mat spill which caused a small explosion which is why the reship was closed last night. Thanks to that i had to run Gary Hammond.
I love xcw, it makes me happy
J.N

That's it !!! I'm callin OSHA . Gonna require everyone to wear hard hats and safety goggles at all times. And a rubber suit

maybe you can get the brown paper bag certified as PPE and start a safety fashion trend

Hell merdock, I think it's a great idea. Rubber suit , gloves , goggles, hard hat. Were required to put on certain equipment to swap propane bottles per OSHA. How about wearing this shet all the time while handling it. I bet I can get r dun. Callin OSHA Monday. Also, these safe stack bars are dangerous. One barely caught the bag on my head and part timers are getting hurt all the time. Gonna try to implement hard hat requirements with OSHA. Safety first right?

Hell merdock, I think it's a great idea. Rubber suit , gloves , goggles, hard hat. Were required to put on certain equipment to swap propane bottles per OSHA. How about wearing this shet all the time while handling it. I bet I can get r dun. Callin OSHA Monday. Also, these safe stack bars are dangerous. One barely caught the bag on my head and part timers are getting hurt all the time. Gonna try to implement hard hat requirements with OSHA. Safety first right?

why stop there?

I'm thinking you could upgrade to those reusable grocery bags, then you can brag about your "Green Initiatives"

why stop there?

I'm thinking you could upgrade to those reusable grocery bags, then you can brag about your "Green Initiatives"
Great idea. My main priority for us convicts is safety. Hard hats are a must. On route, fac, we got to wear the hard hats!!!! It will save lives merdock. Jump on board merdock , help protect us. Can't do it without you. Lives could've been saved with these hard hats. We will look so safety oriented on route with a hard hat at our customers. Lets make it happen!!!

Remember the back brace requirement??? I'm gonna bring that back too. Back brace, hard hats, goggles , rubber gloves, safe stack vest, steel toe boots , I'm gonna implement all this shet so we look even dumber. Why you might ask? Because conway cares about us convicts. Well look like a bunch of asholes but well be safe. It's what merdock wants.

Haz-mat team was called in. I'm sorry to report that those on-duty representing your employer did nothing in error.

A dangerous reminder as to the importance of handling haz-mat right the first time... employees and contractors

secure it, protect it
couldn't have been a very good haz-mat team if there was a minor reaction.

secure it, protect it
I stand corrected

oh I hear ya. I spent 2yrs training in all types of haz-mat situations. not for con-way but for a second job I used to have. I can't think of any situation where this would be acceptable. haz-mat teams cost a lot of noney to bring in.

Remember the back brace requirement??? I'm gonna bring that back too. Back brace, hard hats, goggles , rubber gloves, safe stack vest, steel toe boots , I'm gonna implement all this shet so we look even dumber. Why you might ask? Because conway cares about us convicts. Well look like a bunch of asholes but well be safe. It's what merdock wants.
Everything BUT airbags in tractors because that's too expensive. We can just replace the driver and the tractor.