R&L | explosion ???

ltltrkr

TB Veteran
PREMIUM
Credits
is it true you guys had a explosion at your Burlington NJ terminal and somebody got hurt ???, hope they are ok

Hey I don't know anything about the driver in Philly being hurt but while we are talking about that terminal.....what is the company policy about drinking and doing drugs
on the job?? I tried calling coorperate about this and told them since a couple of us do NOT want to get in trouble when the hammer comes down (if it ever does?)
You can see on any given Friday night that drinking in the office and smoking pot on the dock goes on with total disregard!! I remember years ago when a previous supervisor was there NONE of this non-sense would be going on. Just goes to show like we have said all along that Wilmington will do nothing unless they think that the
company will have some kind of blowback on them, whether it be with money lost or bad publisity. Just look how long it took to finally get rid of that do nothing TM (Howard). He would cuss you out in front of everybody at the drop of a hat (nothing done), never let you use your personall/sick days or vacation when you actually wanted to use it. They let him hang around until a driver finally tape recorded what he was saying and then played it for Wilmington and said either he goes or I will sue for
Harrasment. Things like this will make it so R&L will NEVER be considered one of the big boys, just more like a little son trying to play with their DAD.

Hey I don't know anything about the driver in Philly being hurt but while we are talking about that terminal.....what is the company policy about drinking and doing drugs
on the job?? I tried calling coorperate about this and told them since a couple of us do NOT want to get in trouble when the hammer comes down (if it ever does?)
You can see on any given Friday night that drinking in the office and smoking pot on the dock goes on with total disregard!! I remember years ago when a previous supervisor was there NONE of this non-sense would be going on. Just goes to show like we have said all along that Wilmington will do nothing unless they think that the
company will have some kind of blowback on them, whether it be with money lost or bad publisity. Just look how long it took to finally get rid of that do nothing TM (Howard). He would cuss you out in front of everybody at the drop of a hat (nothing done), never let you use your personall/sick days or vacation when you actually wanted to use it. They let him hang around until a driver finally tape recorded what he was saying and then played it for Wilmington and said either he goes or I will sue for
Harrasment. Things like this will make it so R&L will NEVER be considered one of the big boys, just more like a little son trying to play with their DAD.

I know our dispatcher was drinking on the job and our TM let him go.As for the weed on the dock, a call to the local PD might fix things.

Shadowr, I think your right when it comes to having the local PD come in but along with that whoever calls might want to keep that one to themselves.
First due to the blowback your going to get from the dockworkers/supervisors (yes, everyone is included!) as well as Wilmington might have a problem with them not
directly handling the situation. You might think that they would be happy that someone took charge and handled things by themself but I have never had any luck with anyone from Wilmington help us out when calls have been made or you ask them for something. Again, it just goes back to as long as the frt goes out who cares what goes on. Its been that way for 12 years in Philly always turning a blind eye and just hoping things will fix themselves. Would be pretty cool though to see a bunch of non working, lazy potheads get hauled off to jail........

Anyone sees any drinking or drugging going on at a terminal has a moral obligation to report it to HR asap if they don't feel comfortable going to their supervisor. You feel pretty bad if you saw it and didn't say anything and the next day find out that the dummy killed someone with a forklift, truck or whatever. Not to mention it gives everyone at that location a bad rap.